Right Defense ... a position of need

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
The only problem with TDL acquired players is they rarely gel in time. Most big trades seem to happen in the summer and we need at least one now. When I look at that defense it does not inspire confidence, especially come playoffs. The fact Gardiner is UFA next year makes him part of any package. Gardiner has the skill set some teams seek to help their offense and pp. If you want to talk Tanev, they will want a good dman back.

Something like Gardiner, Brown for Tanev, Virtanen. Both teams could win on that trade as Vancouver won't make playoffs with that current line up. They need offense very badly.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I would do it but do you really think St Louis would?
Not even close, they definitely do not need middle 6 wingers, a first round pick? They’ve traded the last three they had (2 in the schenn deal one in the ROR deal) so I assume they don’t value those too much right now either.
Before the ROR trade you might of been able to do something around Kadri + or Nylander, but doubtful now

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
upload_2018-8-20_9-7-39.png

I hope he makes the team.

There are fewer right handed shooting players than left handers. So to have your best six Dman being split evenly for handiness may not be possible.
good point.'

If it means anything the Leafs have RHD prospects. Liljegren, Durzi, Raseman, Lingdren, along with Zaitsev and Ozhignkiov....gee in a few years might have too many RHD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad