Rielly suspended 5 games -- Appeal Denied

Rielly’s response to Greig was…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Go grab a cup of Earl Grey.

Serious question - have you ever played hockey?

Why does it matter? I played competitive hockey all my life, coached my son almost every season and I play beer league hockey. Am I qualified enough to have an opinion now or...?

Why do you think a crosscheck to the face is something that needs to happen? There are so many ways of dealing with it and the worst possible path was chosen. It was dumb and irresponsible.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
A response was needed. How we responded wasn't right. The NHL always comes down hard on cross checks to the head
This is pretty much it, I’m all for a response but using your stick is not the right method. If Greig injured someone than sure chop his head off, but this was more about hurt feelings. Punch his face

Reactions: myleafs

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It initially appeared to be a bit of an overreaction, but Rielly's emotions got the better of him, and understandably so.

One way or another, Grieg deserved it.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Wish he would be smarter about it. Cross check him in the ribs where it hurts. The NHL really only cares about the head. Go for somewhere else

Reactions: TMLife17

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Mo taught that young man a valuable life lesson

8fgbpy.jpg

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
The only thing more lame than what Greig did is being an opposing fan coming into a rival teams forum to vote in a poll, ignoring what your player did to precipitate the incident in question.

Tell us the Leafs live rent free in your head without telling us the Leafs live rent free in your heads….

I wish Rielly had thrown down instead but I think Greig’s actions were much more premeditated than Rielly's response. Good on him not letting it go.

Now we wait for Punch Drunk Parros to spin the wheels of DOPs suspension while ignoring what Greig did to start things off: an action that would have elicited retaliation from every other team in the league.

The only player on the roster who I would buy a Leafs jersey for right now is Rielly . The team has become a bunch of pansified snowflakes.

Last edited:

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
The only thing more lame than what Greig did is being an opposing fan coming into a rival teams forum to vote in a poll, ignoring what your player did to precipitate the incident in question.

Tell us the Leafs live rent free in your head without telling us the Leafs live rent free in your heads….

I wish Reilly had thrown down instead but I think Greig’s actions were much more premeditated than Rielly’s response. Good on him not letting it go.

Now we wait for Punch Drunk Parros to spin the wheels of DOPs suspension while ignoring what Greig did to start things off: an action that would have elicited retaliation from every other team in the league.

The only player on the roster who I would buy a Leafs jersey for right now is Reilly. The team has become a bunch of pansified snowflakes.

You said it.

Reactions: LeafSteel

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I thought he could've done more, but the response it generated around here makes me smile, so it's just right.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Surprised the Sens board doesn’t have a thread asking if their response to Rielly was appropriate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad