Rielly suspended 5 games -- Appeal Denied

Rielly’s response to Greig was…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Things like that need responses and we got one.

If nobody did anything we would be labelled pushovers

If someone did stick up (which did happen) we're automatically a dirty team

No matter what we do we are the bad guys because we're the leafs

Yet it's OK when Brady Tkachuk does similar.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Quite a few names in the “over the top” that I don’t recognize… and a few definite sens fans. Mods would shut this down in the poll section she’s a landslide.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Yet it's OK when Brady Tkachuk does similar.
Of course it is! Because when he does it its a young leader sticking up for his team and showing heart. What a leader he is!

But if he wore a maple leaf then its gutless and pathetic and suspend him now and

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I am more than happy with the response. He get suspended, he gets suspended.
We played without him when he was injured.

But a message has to be sent, more to the internal leafs than to the Sens. What is acceptable and what isn't.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Not strong enough, the proper response would have been to toss the gloves on the way over and start swinging. Getting someone suspended for a weak cheap shot is exactly what someone who does that is hoping for. If your going to take the bait, you gotta embarrass the kid to make it worth while.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Yes I liked the response. Too many players feel they can do whatever to the leafs and it’s about time someone showed that at least one player won’t put up with it.

Reactions: fahad203
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
It was the right play and I would have been fine if he hit him harder. Finally someone showing some emotion.

Of course a suspension is coming and it should. Doesn't mean it wasn't the right play, especially on February 10th in the regular season.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I'm happy that there is a response, not happy with how he did it. If we wanted to prove a point then he should have dropped the gloves, not illegally cross-checked.

Same shit happened with Kadri time and time again. These guys are scared to get punched in the face cause it may hinder their ability to get on TV commercials.

Now we're gonna be without our best Dman for a few games, with an already weak caliber D core. Not smart Mo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad