GDT: Rico'll Be Home For Christmas: Ducks @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
My company holiday party was tonight and I had to attend...

giphy_s.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’ll never forgot 2012 when he wouldn’t stop gushing over Henrique being a good old Ontario boy, while the next breath just raining fire down on the evil Russian Kovy.

Cracked me the **** up
He also called Zubrus soft or referred to something he did as soft, back in the SCF that year.

And ironically enough, Kovalchuk was who he referred to as ''One of the Russian's I like'' when he ''Retired'' the next year. I always thought back to how much he got on him just a year earlier in the SCF.

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
our sellouts arent really sellouts.... they have pulled back on our capacity. 16,514 is our new sellout..... 93.7% full. gotta create demand tho so i get it.

So what do they do when they get a true packed house like on opening day these season? Just roll the overage onto the next game?

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
He looked alright at times tonight, not sure how to feel about him anymore. There's times where he just looks really off and the possession stats are very out of the ordinary for him. I actually think Boyle (even without the points) and Coleman have been much better than him. It's early, so 16 or 17 games (or whatever it's been) is not large enough to say he isn't good anymore and this is the end.

I am very happy that Hynes has refrained from re-inserting him with Hall.

Idk, I am very happy that in a situation like tonight for example, with 3-3 and 10 left to go, you have Zajac shutting down Getzlaf.

I don't even know if this is by design or luck anymore, but this forward corps is just really freaking well balanced right now.

Reactions: OmNomNom

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
I was really surprised to see that. They might have a chance of getting a decent sellout streak going. I'd the rest of this home stand to sellout since the have some marquee opponents and the holiday break.
7 sellouts on the season in 16 games. We had 4 straight in November and could easily sellout the next 4. Thursday is a guarantee, the Christmas Eve Eve game should be a sellout, and the Christmas Break games always do great.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
So what do they do when they get a true packed house like on opening day these season? Just roll the overage onto the next game?

dunno what they are up to. i just know that 16514 is what we are capped at the last two months and they have hit it for a bunch of games. my opinion is that they are trying to create demand by holding those extra tickets and they are smart to do that. hopefully it'll get bumped back up soon if demand is there.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
When are they going to roll Cherry into a nursing home?
He's been old since I've been a little kid.

Being American, I didn't have the exposure to him that Canadian's had with him. I don't think he was ever on ESPN.

I always thought he was like the Canadian Archie Bunker, brought to life. He even has the blatant mispronunciations and butchering of names and words. Bieska is one of my favorites of his, who we saw tonight. I almost typed Bieska instead of Bieksa, multiple times because Don Cherry's pronunciation of his last name is burned into my head.

Reactions: tr83

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
dunno what they are up to. i just know that 16514 is what we are capped at the last two months and they have hit it for a bunch of games. my opinion is that they are trying to create demand by holding those extra tickets and they are smart to do that. hopefully it'll get bumped back up soon if demand is there.
It's been 16514 for the past 2 years.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
Because those are how many seats are in the bowls. The old number included a bunch of the Suite's in capacity.

its not the old number its the number. they walked it back. and again they are smart to do that. the suites will fill up again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad