Player Discussion Rickard Rakell

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
First game back since October 28th against Buffalo and he scores a goal

Happy to have him back in the lineup and to get on the score board.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Thoughts on his recent play?

p.s. I've not been impressed.

He's got 1 point (an assist) in his last 5 games while averaging over 17 minutes a night. So the production hasn't been there, but it's not like he's making terrible plays or something.

He's always been a streaky player, offensively. I'm sure he'll pick it up soon.

Reactions: snowave

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I do wonder if Eakins will continue to insist on having Raks with them. He’s mentioned before that he brings a responsible element, so I could see him being there for a while even if they lack chemistry

Reactions: snowave

LuckyDucky

Mar 18, 2015
I do wonder if Eakins will continue to insist on having Raks with them. He’s mentioned before that he brings a responsible element, so I could see him being there for a while even if they lack chemistry
He also took a few draws last night for that line, which could be another reason why Eakins is sticking with him.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
He also took a few draws last night for that line, which could be another reason why Eakins is sticking with him.
I wouldn't be opposed to trying Carrick with Zegras and Milano for a couple of games. He would bring some physicality while having a bit more offense in him than Deslauriers. He is also good at draws and could take some key faceoffs. This would free Rakell to play with Lundeström and Silfverberg.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
I wouldn't be opposed to trying Carrick with Zegras and Milano for a couple of games. He would bring some physicality while having a bit more offense in him than Deslauriers. He is also good at draws and could take some key faceoffs. This would free Rakell to play with Lundeström and Silfverberg.
I agree, would like to see one of the forwards switched for a player with grit and power. Now they are three of same style, on different levels. While that can be amazing on occasion, it doesn't offer much flexibility. But I'm just guessing as a layman.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I said it in his trade thread, but as much as I’ve dogged him recently, 16-17 and 17-18 Ricky was legit as much fun as I’ve had watching a forward play here. Would love to see him rip it up in the playoffs and position himself for a big payday.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
i get a feeling he's gonna return to that 30 goal player playing with Malkin.
They already tried that with Kapanen, and that didn't work out. He got sent packing to 3rd line already this yr. Malkin is not same player he was anymore.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013

I completely forgot about his move where he put his stick behind his back to grab a puck, that's a f***ing bonkers play

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Ricky seems like a good dude. Good luck to him.

Reactions: Yemeth
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I feel like a lot of people on here really criticized Ricky, but a lot of the fan base outside really rooted for him, like myself.

All the best to him

They already tried that with Kapanen, and that didn't work out. He got sent packing to 3rd line already this yr. Malkin is not same player he was anymore.

Kapanen and Rakell are two totally different players

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

not sure if this has been mentioned already, but Brian Burke mentions Rakell had a medical/dietary issues.

"We found out that he had some medical and dietary issues that affected his play the last couple of years. And those have been sorted out. So we figured out, this is a guy who fell off the map a little bit for two years, and all of a sudden he's got 14 goals or whatever he's got this year. We did some really good reconnaissance on him and figured out this is a guy who is bouncing back, not continuing to spiral."

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town

not sure if this has been mentioned already, but Brian Burke mentions Rakell had a medical/dietary issues.
Wha, dietary issues? This man a celiac or something?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad