Rumor: Rick Dhaliwal- " Had a source tell me I'd be shocked if Holtby was a Canuck by next week"

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
The marketplace will dictate an easy move for Vancouver and Holtby, About 8 teams that want to be competitive are needing a vet starter. Tor Bos Phil Chi LA Edm Col Pitt

After Grubauer Anderson Riemer Mrazek and some really old and unreliable guys(Smith Rask Elliott) Holtby will find a team that is willing to gamble one year on him. He's too young to be written off and an expiring contract is a positive vs having to ink one of these other guys wanting multi year ones

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Do you think the Canucks are trading them an asset to take Holtby?

Or Seattle just straight up takes him?
I would assume the Canucks add a prospect. My guess is that we add Kole Lind for them to take Holtby.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
To :hawks
G Braden Holtby ($4.3M AAV)

To :nucks
D Calvin De Haan ($4.55M AAV)
G Malcolm Subban ($850K AAV)

Hawks bring in vet #2 in Holtby to play behind Lankinen for year while the Nucks add a vet defender who can play either LD or RD and fits some of what Benning is looking for this offseason (He can PK , Play a bit physical , etc)

Subban is in deal because Hawks already have 4 goalies under contract so would need to send one packing and Subban is can be easily buried to play in Utica or up on Nucks roster (Depending on what Benning would want to do)

All guys involved are signed for only this upcoming year then are UFA's so no longterm implications

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
No way. The only Holtby trade that I have interest in is Koskinen for Holtby, in hopes that both rebound. Even that is only if we can't trade Koskinen at 50% retention.

I also dont see why the Canucks would take Kasian for 3 more years with his terrible contract. Id rather just have Holtby for 1 more year and be done with it.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
I think teams look at Montreal and how Allen helped shore up the net when Price needed a break and with a somewhat compressed schedule, I think teams will be interested in a veteran backup.

I could see Seattle take him and keep him until the trade deadline just to see if Dreidger wasn't just a one-season wonder and provide him with some solid goaltending depth. It's why Holtby was signed by Vancouver in the first place, to see if Demko could handle a starting position.

I could also see a team with a young goalie nearing starting duties want a veteran to help them out with the preparation of being a NHL goalie. I don't expect a huge return as his salary is higher than his cap hit, but a 3rd rounder would be my expectation.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
To :hawks
G Braden Holtby ($4.3M AAV)

To :nucks
D Calvin De Haan ($4.55M AAV)
G Malcolm Subban ($850K AAV)

Hawks bring in vet #2 in Holtby to play behind Lankinen for year while the Nucks add a vet defender who can play either LD or RD and fits some of what Benning is looking for this offseason (He can PK , Play a bit physical , etc)

Subban is in deal because Hawks already have 4 goalies under contract so would need to send one packing and Subban is can be easily buried to play in Utica or up on Nucks roster (Depending on what Benning would want to do)

All guys involved are signed for only this upcoming year then are UFA's so no longterm implications
Benning said he was looking to add a more mature Russian player to be in the team for Podkolzin.
Maybe your trade but Zadorov instead ?

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
After this off season, I don't think Kassian's contract will look that bad. The Rangers appear off to a good start with Goodrow's 6 year deal.

Kass isnt a guy you give long term deals with.

He needs to be motivated by only having short term deals and the fact he knows he needs to put in the work to get a next contract.

Giving him security and stability is a disaster for someone who always had the physical tools but lacks work ethic or consistency.

PenderB

Jun 9, 2019
The Canucks would have traded him by now if someone was willing to take him without retention.

Clearly this isnt an option.

The way i see it playing out:

1. Seattle takes him tomorrow in the draft then immidiately flips him while Seattle retains salary.
2. He stays a Canuck and they buy him out before free agency
I believe the Canucks aren’t able to trade him yet as I think all teams have to expose a goalie.

Yannickg

May 8, 2019
I saw a rumour about Benning asking Seattle to pick Bjugstad.
So Bjugstad to the Canucks for Holtby with some retention.
Seattle can flip Holtby for a draft pick
Seattle can pick a young rfa or Beagle(and flip him with some retentiom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad