Rumor: Rick Dhaliwal- " Had a source tell me I'd be shocked if Holtby was a Canuck by next week"

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Dhaliwal is a very legit guy when it comes to Canuck news

Does Seattle take him?

Would Van have to add a sweetener?

Does one of the teams that are losing a goalie to Seattle trade for Holtby?

1 yr left 4.3 AAV

I can definitely see Seattle taking him as he would be a "flippable " asset from the Canucks.
Their other choices to draft from Van would hold zero return value ( Virtanen, Gadjovich, Lind, Rafferty)

Who else might want to trade for him either via Vancouver or Seattle.

Maybe Montreal if they lose Price? Bruins? Leafs?

Seattle can most certainly retain salary, Van probably not.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Holtby wouldn't be a "flippable" asset because he's absolute trash of a goalie at this point :laugh:
While I agree with that, never under estimate the value some GMs place on past reputation, especially with goalies.
Having said that, Vancouver or Seattle would likely need to retain but I don’t think they’d have to retain a lot.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised if he's a Leaf, they need a goalie but if it happened I think Vancouver retains 50%, I could also see him in Colorado but regardless if he moves I think Vancouver retains 50% nobody is taking him at 4.3

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
If Seattle takes Vanacek, Holtby at 2M back to Washington?

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I wouldn't be surprised if he's a Leaf, they need a goalie but if it happened I think Vancouver retains 50%, I could also see him in Colorado but regardless if he moves I think Vancouver retains 50% nobody is taking him at 4.3

Don't think Van wants to retain.

If you want Holtby for a retained price then best hope he gets drafted by Seattle then Toronto can deal for Holtby then

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
expiring contract, cup experience.

Definitely a team will want this guy for a backup role as insurance.

If Seattle drafts him then trades him while retaining 2mil, im sure a team will pay a 3rd or 4th rnd pick for him

He absolutely owns Boston, maybe they take a shot on him

banks

W W 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
I don't know why any team would want Holtby, at this point. He's a backup now.

Reactions: voxel

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I don't know why any team would want Holtby, at this point. He's a backup now.

A lot of teams are putting emphasis on Backups now to keep the starter fresh for a playoff push.

I think its a great idea considering how many back to backs and 3 games in 4 nights there potentially could be with upcoming schedule or unforseen hurdles.

Also a good idea especially if your starter isnt eating too much of the cap.

Reactions: flying v 604

Love

Feb 29, 2012
He played well for a stretch this season when Demko was injured. I still think he has something left to give. Remember no team gives up more high danger scoring chances than the Canucks.

If this season proved anything with regards to Canucks goalies, it’s that Demko is an absolute stud more so than it proved that Holtby can’t play.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
I'll take it you have a bed time and aren't allowed to stay up and watch the Canucks game. Must suck.

This. Anybody who understands how the impact that the quality of starts directly affects how a goalie plays will realize that Holtby got a raw deal night after night, basically existing as cannon fodder in order to shelter Demko from any sort of tough starts. If Van loses him I can pretty much guarantee that Demko regresses no matter who they pick up as a cheap backup since he will have to play more tough games.

Reactions: JenniferH

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Umm obvious Holtby wasn’t gonna be a Canuck. He sucked last year. This was supposed to be surprising inside info?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad