Richards Vs Schremp Vs O'sullivan

Status
Not open for further replies.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
Sammy said:
Schremp may have improved his skating but I dont get the comparison to Weight.
At least while Weight was in Edmonton, he was a good (maybe very good) skater. It remains to be seen if Scremp is going to be an adequate skater.
Weight was also a supreme playmaker (imo, one of the top 3 or so in the league). Schremp may be a decent playmaker but his "schtick" is his shot.

The comparisons to Weight come from his play on the pp where he looks a great deal like Weight. And on the pp he is not merely a shooter, he controls the play from the half boards, passing or shooting much like Weight did.

I think the comparisons end a bit in open play where Weight is much better at the moment.

outKast*

Sammy said:
Schremp may have improved his skating but I dont get the comparison to Weight.
At least while Weight was in Edmonton, he was a good (maybe very good) skater. It remains to be seen if Schremp is going to be an adequate skater.
Weight was also a supreme playmaker (imo, one of the top 3 or so in the league). Schremp may be a decent playmaker but his "schtick" is his shot.

You may not comprehend the Weight comparisson, and you may choose to not believe it but I watched Doug Weight for the 9 seasons (I'd say i've seen him for at least 600+ games) that he played in Edmonton. He was my favorite player and i watched him play very closely. I, along with many Oiler fans who have also seen Weight play out his career in Edmonton (Unlike you who I would assume only see Weight on highlights) can honestly say that no one has come close to having the same playing styles as Doug Weight as Mike Comrie and Robbie Schremp have. It's scary how similar they look on the ice on the PP. Their wide stance, puck control on the half boards, on ice vision and opportunistic goals.

Go on the Oiler boards. If you asked 100 long time Oiler fans which former Oiler player Schremp looks the most like, 95 of 100 responses you get will be either Mike Comrie or Doug Weight. We always thought of Mike Comrie as Doug Weight lite. Schremp could be the next Doug Weight.

Sammy*

Napoleon Dynamite said:
You may not comprehend the Weight comparisson, and you may choose to not believe it but I watched Doug Weight for the 9 seasons (I'd say i've seen him for at least 600+ games) that he played in Edmonton. He was my favorite player and i watched him play very closely. I, along with many Oiler fans who have also seen Weight play out his career in Edmonton (Unlike you who I would assume only see Weight on highlights) can honestly say that no one has come close to having the same playing styles as Doug Weight as Mike Comrie and Robbie Schremp have. It's scary how similar they look on the ice on the PP. Their wide stance, puck control on the half boards, on ice vision and opportunistic goals.

Go on the Oiler boards. If you asked 100 long time Oiler fans which former Oiler player Schremp looks the most like, 95 of 100 responses you get will be either Mike Comrie or Doug Weight. We always thought of Mike Comrie as Doug Weight lite. Schremp could be the next Doug Weight.
Before you natter on about what I have or have not seen,you may want to rephrase as I also live in Edmonton & have seen Weight I would guess as many times as you.
Weight was a good skater, Schremp is not.
Their half court game may be similar. Thats about it

Dallas

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
Sammy said:
Before you natter on about what I have or have not seen,you may want to rephrase as I also live in Edmonton & have seen Weight I would guess as many times as you.

Weight never dazzled with his skating. Schremp's skating this year has looked alot better, and I think he'll likely end up having a skating ability similar to Weight's.

Randall Graves*

Richards will be better than schremp and O'sullivan, little doubt in my mind. I don't think his offensive *potential* is higher then Schremp, but I'm not sure how likely he is to reach it.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Really tough to say.

I guess I'll go with O'Sullivan. I don't think he's any less creative than Schremp, but I think he's slightly better of a player. Schremp is *right* there however.

Richards might actually score the most over his career, but I don't think he'll be the 1st line player that I think O'Sullivan and possibly Schremp could be.

Sammy*

Dallas said:
Weight never dazzled with his skating. Schremp's skating this year has looked alot better, and I think he'll likely end up having a skating ability similar to Weight's.
Weight was an average at worst skater. Schremp may get there. He's got a ways to go.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Richards, easily the most likely to reach his potential which more than compensates his slightly lower potential compared to the other two.

UvBnDatsyuked

Apr 30, 2005
Sammy said:

I've never heard anyone talk as glowing about Doug Weight's skating ability. Even his agent wouldn't talk this positive about it and he's paid to kiss Doug's butt

Sammy*

RedWingFan said:
I've never heard anyone talk as glowing about Doug Weight's skating ability. Even his agent wouldn't talk this positive about it and he's paid to kiss Doug's butt
Maybe he should get a new agent.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Schremp should be the highest scorer. At 18 I think he looked better than the other two at 19. If they send him back to Junior that will be emphasized. I can see this guy scoring 40+ in the NHL. I don't see the others managing that although O 'Sullivan will be closer than Richards. Since we are tring to predict the future based on only solid amateur data I will say that Richards will play more games in the NHL than the other two. Also, none of these guys are "can't miss" but Richards is the least likely not to have some kind of NHL career.

luv_canadian_hockey

Jul 1, 2005
Mississauga
im a HUGE knights fan....and a native of mississauga....so it would seem like im stuck between shremp and o'sullivan..HOWEVER...i watched all the kitchener games that were on sportsnet and rogers and i watched the WJC...and i was really really impressed by richards....i also watched the ahl highlight reels shown on tsn...i think richards is overall a more complete player...and he will be more of an asset to any team then the other two..he may not have their offensive power or stats..but i would choose him over o'sullivan or shremp ANY DAY :handclap:

Transported Upstater

thomasincanada said:
I don't believe that Richards is as gifted offensively as Schremp or O'Sullivan either. Schrempy has some amazing skills.

However - and take this from a *knights fan* who has seen a lot of all 3 of them - I'd take Richards in a heartbeat given the choice of the 3.

Tom

:clap:

blah

Jun 24, 2003
From what I've heard Richards line with Sim and Knuble has been the Flyers best in the preseason. Looks like it will be the second scoring line to start the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad