Richard Bachman

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
I am at a loss for words. Given the 1b? As in expecting him to start 40 games?

I think Bachman has more than proven himself to get a shot, the guy plays a good game. I don't think he is a guy you run with as a 1b on a playoff team but If we are adding laurikainen and we also have broissoit - someone is getting bumped.

I assume Bachman and Broissoit will be the rotating 1b's in this scenario for the Oilers with Scrivens (or his replacement) as the 1a.

Stat Guy

Aug 30, 2014
I think Bachman has more than proven himself to get a shot, the guy plays a good game. I don't think he is a guy you run with as a 1b on a playoff team but If we are adding laurikainen and we also have broissoit - someone is getting bumped.

I assume Bachman and Broissoit will be the rotating 1b's in this scenario for the Oilers with Scrivens (or his replacement) as the 1a.

I doubt Bachman will be able to land a 1 way contract on any team let alone be in a position where planned NHL starts are possible. He is a good AHL player/emergency NHLer...that's it.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
If the Oilers are going to be using Bachman/Brossoit as their backup... they absolutely need a replacement for Scrivens.

None of Bachman/Brossoit/Scrivens have proven they can play effectively under a 50+ game workload as a starter at the NHL level.

Bachman has played 42 games in total at the NHL level and has posted a sub 91% save percentage doing so... he absolutely needs a true starter in front of him... same goes for Scrivens at this stage as well because he's played 129 NHL games and has a .905 sv pct... clearly that's backup type numbers at best.

We obviously don't know enough about Brossoit yet... but it's safe to say he likely needs some more time in the AHL and we can't pencil him even as a backup at the NHL level... yet.

If the Oilers don't come out of this summer with a legit starter the season will start off on another Tambo/MacT "roll the dice" path yet again. I have optimism that Chiarelli will not let that happen... but obviously it remains to be seen what happens with trades/free agency.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad