Prospect Info: Rhett Pitlick (2019, #131)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Muskegon playing their first game of the season. Pitlick starts at 3LW:

EmLRKliWMAAPeQS

Reactions: Frank JT

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I thought he already signed his NLI, but then again I was certain he was slated to go to Minnesota this year, i wonder if there was an issue with his grades. Next year's incoming Freshman forward class for Minnesota is massive, going to be interesting to see what kind of role he has and how much ice time he gets

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I thought he already signed his NLI, but then again I was certain he was slated to go to Minnesota this year, i wonder if there was an issue with his grades. Next year's incoming Freshman forward class for Minnesota is massive, going to be interesting to see what kind of role he has and how much ice time he gets
I'm almost positive he committed and signed his letter of intent last year, I guess I must be wrong about that.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
For some reason, HockeyDB got him as a 2002 but he is born in 2001. EliteProspects has the right DOB.

It will be interesting to see what he does in college.

He'll certainly have to a kate bloomer. But with all that speed, anything seems possible.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Pride on Ice Profile: Rhett Pitlick - University of Minnesota Athletics

A little profile video on Pitlick, who will finally be making his debut with the Gophers this season. He's not on the best trajectory to make it with the Habs someday but with his plus plus skating I haven't 100% counted him out either. I'll catch a game or two during the season for sure. On an unrelated note, he sorta looks like a young Sigourney Weaver in Alien now, which got a chuckle out of me :laugh:

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Pride on Ice Profile: Rhett Pitlick - University of Minnesota Athletics

A little profile video on Pitlick, who will finally be making his debut with the Gophers this season. He's not on the best trajectory to make it with the Habs someday but with his plus plus skating I haven't 100% counted him out either. I'll catch a game or two during the season for sure. On an unrelated note, he sorta looks like a young Sigourney Weaver in Alien now, which got a chuckle out of me :laugh:

yea that plus plus speed and acceleration certainly could get him some NHL games one day but I have not been too impressed with him, for someone with that speed I wish he would move his feet more.

He's going to be in tough to get TOI as Minnesota should be right there with Michigan as the top 2 teams in the Big 10 I would think. They are bringing back one of the best goalies in the NCAA so that alone should help. Plus their coach was Poehling's former coach at SCSU, though I don't know if he's still going to after his son died this summer, a teammate of Jack Smith's at HS and the USHL.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
yea that plus plus speed and acceleration certainly could get him some NHL games one day but I have not been too impressed with him, for someone with that speed I wish he would move his feet more.

He's going to be in tough to get TOI as Minnesota should be right there with Michigan as the top 2 teams in the Big 10 I would think. They are bringing back one of the best goalies in the NCAA so that alone should help. Plus their coach was Poehling's former coach at SCSU, though I don't know if he's still going to after his son died this summer, a teammate of Jack Smith's at HS and the USHL.
I don't expect he'll be playing a lot, early on at least. You never know I guess, he's an older freshman and all.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
How much college eligibility does he have left? Feels like the type of thing where if he was going to sign with us at the end of the year anyway the team would give him one game (game 82 probably) with his brothers before starting him in the AHL next year.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Having 3 Potlick's in the organization at once: I really hope this era in Habs history isn't remembered for things like this because there's nothing else to remember. Kind if like the Houle era, where our memories are of Dackell-Juneau-Bullis, or the big scoring line Zholtok-Perreault-Petrov...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad