News Article: Report: Seabrook aiming to return for NHL's 24-team playoffs

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
So he should have turned that contract down or pay some of it back?

If Stan made you that offer would you have turned it down?
I never even said that. I'm not faulting him for taking the deal.

The problem is that Seabs is hardly even worth a league minimum contract.

The least he can do is not be overweight. When you're paid to do a job, the expectation is that you do your job.

Look at Brandon Saad. Way overpaid, but he still stays in shape and competes. Seabs should take notes.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Your boy Dylan Strome is an NHL'er who can't do 5 push-ups and you're saying Seabs deserves no respect?

Gimme a break, lol.

Here's an idea, move Seabs to a bottom dwelling forward and put him in front of the net, he can still stand still and battle pretty well when he wants to. It's that first stride that's downright hard to watch.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I always find it bizarre when people suggest that a player who is too slow and can't skate well enough to be a defenseman should switch to wing.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I always find it bizarre when people suggest that a player who is too slow and can't skate well enough to be a defenseman should switch to wing.

Good lord it's in jest.

I said a guy in the NHL can't do 5 push ups to begin with......

What would we do without our resident experts? lol...

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Depends how you're measuring athleticism.

I'd smoke Seabs in a footrace, and my vertical is WAY higher.
You’d smoke the guy with bad hips and a bum shoulder. Allegedly. Your schtick is tiresome. Brent Seabrook is broken. He’s not bad because he’s ten pounds overweight. He’s bad because his body can’t play at the NHL level.

Dustin Byfuglien was a force of nature despite playing the entirety of his career below his potential because of weight issues. Both would probably have been able to extend their careers if they were in peak physical condition. But when you’re in the .001 percentile losing a step or two is a death sentence.

People saying Seabrook didn’t do everything he could have to maximize his career are probably correct. People acting like he’s some three hundred pound neckbeard are out of their f***ing minds.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
You’d smoke the guy with bad hips and a bum shoulder. Allegedly. Your schtick is tiresome. Brent Seabrook is broken. He’s not bad because he’s ten pounds overweight. He’s bad because his body can’t play at the NHL level.

Dustin Byfuglien was a force of nature despite playing the entirety of his career below his potential because of weight issues. Both would probably have been able to extend their careers if they were in peak physical condition. But when you’re in the .001 percentile losing a step or two is a death sentence.

People saying Seabrook didn’t do everything he could have to maximize his career are probably correct. People acting like he’s some three hundred pound neckbeard are out of their f***ing minds.
Even a prime Seabrook I'd still beat in a footrace and it wouldn't be close.

I'm not sure why my athleticism is being called out.

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
Your boy Dylan Strome is an NHL'er who can't do 5 push-ups and you're saying Seabs deserves no respect?

Gimme a break, lol.

Here's an idea, move Seabs to a bottom dwelling forward and put him in front of the net, he can still stand still and battle pretty well when he wants to. It's that first stride that's downright hard to watch.
Really? Can't do 5 pushups?

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
I'll use my poor judgement as an example. I posted a pic with a terrible message months back after Seab's surgery was announced and got called out for it. I clarified my intention but in hindsight SB gave him the contract. If we want to assign blame for that hideous contract & others then that falls squarely on SB. Now for Seabs, it is correct that he is a shell of his former self and may not even make the team even if he tried and gave 1000%. My 2 cents.

Reactions: BobbyJet

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
/\ Yep. I can't think of another NHL veteran who was so disrespected by a fan base.

Corey Crawford?

Seriously though with respect to Seabrook--the proof will be in the pudding. If he comes back to practice before the play-ins and he looks good--or at least looks like one of the top 6 defenders on this squad--by all means he should play. If not I think it might be more beneficial in the long run to give our young guys experience in the "play-in".

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Love when non athletic people call actual athletes fat.

Because we have paid our dues and earned our degree in armchair GM'ing by watching hockey from our couch!

If Stanley has done it as well as we have, he wouldn't have offered that contract. :facepalm:

Reactions: Mrfenn92

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
You can absolutely hide a poor skating winger better than you can a defenseman.

But how is it a good solution? Seabrook can hardly skate up and down the ice as is. And you see people suggest this all the time. People wanted to do the same with Rundblad. I think folks look at Buff’s success and underrate his mobility.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Corey Crawford?

Seriously though with respect to Seabrook--the proof will be in the pudding. If he comes back to practice before the play-ins and he looks good--or at least looks like one of the top 6 defenders on this squad--by all means he should play. If not I think it might be more beneficial in the long run to give our young guys experience in the "play-in".
Crow is only disrespected by those that don't watch enough hockey outside of the Hawks. Or, if not a fan of the Hawks, don't watch him period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad