• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
I don't blame Laviolette.

He has the players he has on that line. You can't expect him to shorten the bench in game 7 of the season which we're winning.

Goodrow has to go and better players need to be added. It's not that hard. Get fast players who aren't good at anything else. Speed is key. They never should have gotten rid of Gauthier just to add a UFA version of Gauthier at the deadline.
Hot take apparently: Gauthier was perfectly fine as a 4th liner. Speed, size, and forecheck. And cheap. And young enough to develop into something more.

Plus, his nightly run over the opposing goalie was amusing.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Hot take apparently: Gauthier was perfectly fine as a 4th liner. Speed, size, and forecheck. And cheap. And young enough to develop into something more.

Plus, his nightly run over the opposing goalie was amusing.
Gauthier was fine for the 4th line except he kept trying to score, but couldn’t. Some nhl players accept that they can’t really score in the nhl so they build their game around what they do successfully. He refused.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Gauthier was fine for the 4th line except he kept trying to score, but couldn’t. Some nhl players accept that they can’t really score in the nhl so they build their game around what they do successfully. He refused.
Nobody should stop trying to score. That's the purpose of the game, to score more goals than the other team.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Missed the 2nd half of this game, early flight this morning. Laf continues to score goals, and starting to look like that 1stOA we’d hoped. I saw the Foxy Goal, and it was Foxy, Well not the usual Foxy but it was still Foxy

Did we get outplayed most of the 3rd? seems to be that way. The period I saw thought we looked good. Anyway, I shall be reporting from Orlando FL this weekend and next week, @FultonReed you still down there?

I hate airports.

Oh and better late than never…

View attachment 758723
i wish i was still down there. we'll run into each other one of these days. have a blast, say hi to Chip and Dale for me!

Reactions: Leonardo87

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I just want to reiterate something Valley said in the postgame show....

He said Quick hasn't been venturing outside the blue paint. Cause that is what Benoit Allaire preaches to all his goalies. This way, they can stay in position and not find themselves in the twilight zone unable to recover. And we all know Quick to be an aggressive goalie who likes to cut down the angles,.. relying on his agility to get back into position. But he is now 37 and can't be as quick to recover as he once did.

But when you have a two-time Stanley Cup Champ, team up with a legendary goalie coach,... that could easily rejuvenate, what is certain to be a Hall of Fame career.

I can't tell you how ecstatic I am, having him on this team. There is no doubt Shesty can learn a thing or two from him, making him even better. And if he gets injured, having Quick under the tutelage of Allaire, and having a team in front of him that can defend, I feel confident we can continue winning more than our share of games.

Speaking of defending, (I know it's early, but I see no reason this can't continue) we are tied for 2nd in goals against. Boston who is leading and Vegas who we are tied with,... are both undefeated in regulation.
Love how positive you’re. I’m a lot more reserved in my judgement (or maybe how much of a projection is required) but I’d rather try bringing you down from a cloud than walking someone off a ledge. Cheers!

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Head of security at work here comes up to me after not seeing me for a few days and says: "S'what's goin' on with Kakko, man?"

Me: "Zibanejad always starts the season slow, don't you worry man."

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Dude, I was a pig in shit at work because I was doing excel all week. So I get it.
That's something I wanted to be good at but never found time to practice. The good thing about cubing is that a high quality speedcube weighs 3 ounces. I never leave the house without one. I get to practice constantly just by replacing doom scrolling.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
That's something I wanted to be good at but never found time to practice. The good thing about cubing is that a high quality speedcube weighs 3 ounces. I never leave the house without one. I get to practice constantly just by replacing doom scrolling.

I learned most of it by doing my sports analytics blog on my own time. At first I thought I was an expert because I used pivot tables and vlookups at one of my first jobs. Then I started practicing on my own. Then I got finance jobs. If you get a finance job you'll learn.

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I learned most of it by doing my sports analytics blog on my own time. At first I thought I was an expert because I used pivot tables and vlookups at one of my first jobs. Then I started practicing on my own. Then I got finance jobs. If you get a finance job you'll learn.
See now that's math. That connotes a lot of brain power.

People think of cubing as brainy but it's way more physical than you would think it is. I spend hours and hours training my hands to solve the cube and the rest of it is mostly keeping my mind *out* of the equation.

I have actually been asked many times if I'm doing the math in my head. Buddy, I solve it in 28 seconds. I can't do calculus in 28 seconds.

I am conventionally "smart" but that's correlational. That's why I was interested in a puzzle to bring with. It's a physical skill more than a mental one.

• Wow
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
See now that's math. That connotes a lot of brain power.

People think of cubing as brainy but it's way more physical than you would think it is. I spend hours and hours training my hands to solve the cube and the rest of it is mostly keeping my mind *out* of the equation.

I have actually been asked many times if I'm doing the math in my head. Buddy, I solve it in 28 seconds. I can't do calculus in 28 seconds.

I am conventionally "smart" but that's correlational. That's why I was interested in a puzzle to bring with. It's a physical skill more than a mental one.
It's pattern recognition that's related to math, no?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's pattern recognition that's related to math, no?
Pattern recognition is huge, yes, but your response to it needs to be muscle memory. The most important element in cubing is being as a fish in water. I never think about the math or geometry behind it.

You memorize a solution to each possible pattern and do it over and over again until it's like breathing.

I'm u30 and the lowest level pros are around u20. The biggest difference is that I actually don't read the cube that well. I'm very good with my hands.

I can do single-tap double-turns, which means I spin layers so hard, I can make them go 180 degrees. Most people have to hit it twice to turn it twice.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Pattern recognition is huge, yes, but your response to it needs to be muscle memory. The most important element in cubing is being as a fish in water. I never think about the math or geometry behind it.

You memorize a solution to each possible pattern and do it over and over again until it's like breathing.

I'm u30 and the lowest level pros are around u20. The biggest difference is that I actually don't read the cube that well. I'm very good with my hands.

I can do single-tap double-turns, which means I spin layers so hard, I can make them go 180 degrees. Most people have to hit it twice to turn it twice.
Smh

1698456611719.png

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Man the Oilers board has completely imploded. They'll be fine when McDavid gets healthy.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad