• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't blame Laviolette.

He has the players he has on that line. You can't expect him to shorten the bench in game 7 of the season which we're winning.

Goodrow has to go and better players need to be added. It's not that hard. Get fast players who aren't good at anything else. Speed is key. They never should have gotten rid of Gauthier just to add a UFA version of Gauthier at the deadline.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
5 of 7 games played have been road games, so I wouldn't be surprised if they've been matched or ended up being on the ice against the other team's most talented lines through on-the-fly matching. It'll likely move toward the mean with more home games played. You're the one who likes to talk about statistical deviation and expected value.

Completely agree with regards to Kakko
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Goodrow is 2 or 3 deviations below NHL at this point.

Plus, the entire line can't skate.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Goodrow is 2 or 3 deviations below NHL at this point.

Plus, the entire line can't skate.
Idk. I'll have to pay more attention to the 4th line when they're on the ice. Honestly they're better things to follow while in the middle of the game than that line, including your CC posts.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Idk. I'll have to pay more attention to the 4th line when they're on the ice. Honestly they're better things to follow while in the middle of the game than that line, including your CC posts.
Well yes, I am very funny, but to be fair, having poison ivy is better to follow than that line.

Reactions: will1066

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
They named a roll after you?
It's not on the menu. The roll was on the menu at place in Santa Monica way back in the mid 2000s... it was right up my alley (my two favs)

It was amazing so I asked AB to make it for me. He added the guac & mango.

Whenever we go he just makes it for us... he's awesome. He & some of the servers know it as the Monte-Roll :D

Last edited:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
But finish is what a 1st line has to do. I believe they have 1 even strength goal in 7 games so far. Just not good enough but it's early.

Yeah agree but my point is that their lack of production isn't because they're not generating chances. They could be doing better in that department for sure IMO but they are still getting grade A looks in every game. I'd be far more concerned if we didn't see any of that...
If they're generating chances but just not finishing, I'm not sure what else you can do but wait for their luck to turn. Does mixing up the line really make any difference? Is one grade A chance different from another because you put a different player on the line? IMO no, just ride with them and the puck will start going in, there's not much else you can force from a coaching and lineup perspective I think.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

He has the players he has on that line. You can't expect him to shorten the bench in game 7 of the season which we're winning.

Goodrow has to go and better players need to be added. It's not that hard. Get fast players who aren't good at anything else. Speed is key. They never should have gotten rid of Gauthier just to add a UFA version of Gauthier at the deadline.
Hey this is my schtick.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
After starting the season as an advanced stat darling across all lines, I read something today that implied the Baguette line was the only positive one we have right now…. Is that true?

Have lines 1 and 3 deviated back under 50% xGf?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

yeah this is a tough road trip and I think Lav wants to rest the top guys if he can. Just makes for ugly watching to see the 4th line out there all the time.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
After starting the season as an advanced stat darling across all lines, I read something today that implied the Baguette line was the only positive one we have right now…. Is that true?

No line one is well over 50% I think close to 60, lines 3 and especially line 4 have struggled though.

Reactions: mas0764

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

F76TV7R.png

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This isn't surprising at all.

a) This was very similar to the Calgary game where we were good until we had the lead and then turtled hard.

b) The 4th line got outshot almost 4:1.

A lot of teams turtle it up on these long trips but it wouldn't be advisable to play like that every night.

But the flurry adjusted numbers were bad too.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

It's funny I think there's a traditional take that skill players aren't necessarily good defensively and unskilled players are often better because defense is just hard work. Yet Lavi got our skilled guys to buy into a defensive game and they're much better than our plugs. Talent>all.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I used to laugh at things like "oh, the long trip."

Then I started speed-solving Rubik's cube at a semi-serious level.

I will 100% be like "this lighting isn't ideal, that's an extra 2 seconds."

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad