Player Discussion Rem Pitlick - The New Byron Edition

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I hope he comes back but I think it's correct to not qualify him if you can't make a deal. Don't really want to go to arbitration with him.
Unless Pitlick signs cheap for 3 years similar to Evans contract, we can only keep him if we shed another contract, and the decision on qualifying him has to be made ny tomorrow. Any arbitration award under $4.5M we would be stuck with, unable to walk away. And if we qualify him, we can do nothing to stop him from going to arbitration.

Even though I like Rem, we can more easily afford to lose him than to give away an Anderson, Petry or Dvorak in order to keep him.
Don't see the point of not QOing him. Unless I'm mistaken even if his arbitration case awards him a big salary, we can simply walk away no?
Over $4.5M we can walk away. Not if the award is lower.

Last edited:

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec

Not that we should be surprised, but this quote fit with him well. You see how Rem does all the little things right. The biggest knock on him, as far as I'm concerned, is the lack of pace and overall strenght. Hopefully he can deal with both of those things because otherwise he's a pretty solid hockey player. High IQ.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Not that we should be surprised, but this quote fit with him well. You see how Rem does all the little things right. The biggest knock on him, as far as I'm concerned, is the lack of pace and overall strenght. Hopefully he can deal with both of those things because otherwise he's a pretty solid hockey player. High IQ.
I think Pitlick is an excellent secondary player that this team can use during its re-building process. Fast and inexpensive, Pitlick can play several contributing roles on team that is being re-structured for speed and up-tempo play. There are several, more expensive and under performing players I would readily discard before I moved on from Pitlick.

Last edited:

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
While every guys in the press box were smiling at Suzuki’s penalty shot goal, Pitlick didn’t seem very happy.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Poor Rem, we may have to rename this thread. "The forgotten Hab"

I think Rem and Pez being more than Dadonov and Hoffman.

But next year Heineman, Ylonen, and RHP will also be competing for spots, even with the UFA departures. It will always be competitive. I like what he brings though.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I think Rem and Pez being more than Dadonov and Hoffman.

But next year Heineman, Ylonen, and RHP will also be competing for spots, even with the UFA departures. It will always be competitive. I like what he brings though.
Agreed, I can understand why both Dadonov and Hoffman are getting their chances now. But it's time for a change. Rem played well and was unfortunately sat. Pez must be chomping at the bit to get in there.

As fun as this year has been so far. Next year is going to be even better. You have the players you listed, plus a few more. All competing for jobs. As fans, if we can continue to ride this out. I think we're going to be rewarded.

Reactions: 26Mats

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Poor Rem, we may have to rename this thread. "The forgotten Hab"
He'll get in at one moment, Martin loves him.

I'm pretty sure Martin has the gift of keeping all the guys together, even the dudes that are not playing.

He was that guy, and that's probably his biggest plus as a coach, he can relate to each player/situation in that room.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Rem isn't happy. And it's understandable. Sit Hoffman please. Time to bring Rem back.

Hopefully the next step is a Hoffman healthy scratch. Because last night, he was the least used player last night, as well as last Saturday against the Caps, and against the Pens, only Slaf had played less than him.

I said this in a few posts and I will repeat it, I feel like Pitlick would be a great fit on the 4th line with Evans and Slaf. Evans and Pitlick are defensively responsible, but more than that, they play quick and with pace and create a lot of offense for a 4th line. And I think they'd be much better than Hoffman because he plays slower.

And slowing things down isn't an issue because some players do play like that (Suzuki being like that also). But unlike Suzuki, Hoffman doesn't offer anything. Even on the PP, he's useless and even creates turnovers with his errant passes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Whitesnake and zx81

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
At the same time, Pitlick is a #13 forward so he need to expect to be sometimes Healthy Scratch. That being said, he deserve to take the place of Hoffman I agree

Reactions: Tyson

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
I sure would sit Hoffman and bring back Pitlick.

My guess though is that they are waiting to see if Slaf will force their hands. If not, they will send him down and bring Pitlick in.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00