Player Discussion Rem Pitlick - The New Byron Edition

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
He's alright for us , it's already his 3rd team tho. His lack of defensive skills are pretty hard at this point but offensively i guess hes doing okay.
Minnesota are pretty much f***ed up with 12m in dead cap for years. Might be the reason why they couldnt keep him.

Reactions: Sagikev

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
He's alright for us , it's already his 3rd team tho. His lack of defensive skills are pretty hard at this point but offensively i guess hes doing okay.
Minnesota are pretty much f***ed up with 12m in dead cap for years. Might be the reason why they couldnt keep him.

I agree. He has been a pleasant surprise but he is standing out more because how bad the surrounding players are.

I hope he can be some diamond they found but time will tell. Nothing wrong if he is filler like Tatar through some lean rebuild times. Just cant over commit

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He was pretty good in the NCAA, his 2nd season when Minnesota wasn't very good he led the team in points and tied for team lead in goals. They fired the coach (he stepped down but I assume he would have been fired if not) and brought in Motzko who was Ryan Poehling's coach when he was at SCSU and they were back to back top team in the NCAA and top 3 offense. Pitlick's first season under Motzko he breaks out and leads the team in goals and points. Only 4 players on the team had more points then Pitlick had goals.

I didn't see him in the AHL where he played with guys like McCarron, Tinordi, Daniel Carr. But he had 20 goals as a rookie and only 2 players had more, Carr had 23 but in many less games. If he had 1 more pt, only 3 players would have had more points. So as far as stats go, things look pretty good for him for his 1st season in the AHL.

Then his 2nd AHL season, I don't know what happened must have been injured as he played only 8 games in the AHL and had 8 goals and 10 pts. He played 10 NHL games and had 2 pts.

So he looks like a guy that's too good for the AHL but will need to work on things in the NHL. He's the kind of gamble this team should be taking. Costs you nothing if they don't pan out.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Good pick up for now, and he was put in situation to succeed from the beginning.

There’s obviously some skills and smarts there.

Long term you can’t have him on the first two lines, but for now it’s more than fine.

I don’t think they will trade him this year, he will probably be kept on a one year deal. Same for Clague who showed nice things here and there.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I agree. He has been a pleasant surprise but he is standing out more because how bad the surrounding players are.

I hope he can be some diamond they found but time will tell. Nothing wrong if he is filler like Tatar through some lean rebuild times. Just cant over commit

I'm not sure he's standing out besides the production. I've been pleasantly surprised, but he's shooting 28.5% in Montreal which, incredibly, far less than the 46% he was shooting in Minny.

Reactions: Apoplectic Habs Fan

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Maybe he can be the new scandella where we turn a nice profit on a guy we have very briefly.

Not the same scenario. Scandella was a proven commodity, Pitlick is still trying to make his place in the nhl. He's not worth anything at the moment. If he continues to play well, then next year or in a couple of years we could trade him for a pick.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I like that he has speed.

But let's hope he doesn't end up being very vanilla just like one of the last guys to wear 32 for us, Brian Flynn.

Reactions: That Habs Fan

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
Seems like a solid pick up. Being in Montreal is good for both parties, Pitlick gets to showcase himself for the next couple of seasons, increasing is value. When the time comes , someone will call and give you an offer you can’t refuse. He is what we should have done with Byron before extending him.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

ngc_5128

Sep 24, 2002
Then his 2nd AHL season, I don't know what happened must have been injured as he played only 8 games in the AHL and had 8 goals and 10 pts. He played 10 NHL games and had 2 pts.
That or the taxi squad.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Maybe he can be the new scandella where we turn a nice profit on a guy we have very briefly.
Was thinking of him the other day. A second pick is nice, but we could have used the guy this year.

Scandella > Chariot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad