GDT: Relegation Round • Jan. 4 • Latvia 2, Denmark 1 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
Correct, whichever team wins today will have an even harder task to survive next season as Germany is probably better than both of these teams playing today.

I don't really understand why they've changed the division format this year. It seems pretty unfair to teams like Kazakhstan and especially France, who worked their tails off to get to this point and now have another flaming hoop to jump through to get to the top flight.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I don't really understand why they've changed the division format this year. It seems pretty unfair to teams like Kazakhstan and especially France, who worked their tails off to get to this point and now have another flaming hoop to jump through to get to the top flight.
Well, I don't like the new format, either, and I would've preferred seeing two new teams advance each year. However, I don't know why you think it's unfair to France, since they were never even close to making it to the WJC.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Too bad, I was pulling for Denmark here. I guess they'll be an easier opponent than the Latvians would be in Div IA next year, though, so that's a good thing.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Congratulations Latvia, the goalies where really the difference today in my mind. Feuk wasn't really tested the same way Gudlevskis was, Gudlevskis was the best man on the ice today in my eyes.

Vidura

Dec 18, 2011
Denmark
Congrats Latvia, Denmark shouldnt have needed more than 1 point tonight. Only getting 1 point against the swiss was brutal :(

If only Denmark would score on those breakaways!

Atleast Denmark got points in 2 games, gotta look at the positives :)

Helpoing

21st c schizoid man
Jun 28, 2011
Riga
Last 40 minutes were solid :handclap:

Well, any chance Jevpalovs or R.Lipsbergs might get drafted? Those two weren't as physical as Girgensons, but made some nifty plays. And Jevpalovs is our top scorer.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Good game, lads. :clap:

See you next year in Ufa, eh. 2013 should be our best year ever. ;)

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Almost had a heart attack during game. Glad we won it in the end.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Can somebody give me a rundown of Kolesnikovs' tournament as a whole?

Saw the first and the last game of the tournament. I'd say he isn't NHL material, he is not agile enough, needs a lot of time to make decisions, can't turn around behind own net quickly enough. Didn't saw that that big shot he possess, he still shot the puck for deflections, but those surely weren't cannons I expected from him. At best he is late round draft pick and a long term project.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
2013 should be our best year ever. ;)

Indeed, we'll have some new ****** random defenders to replace current crop, but our underage forwards will be much more physically mature and ready for U20's than this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad