GDT: Relegation Round • Jan. 4 • Latvia 2, Denmark 1 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
Well, I don't like the new format, either, and I would've preferred seeing two new teams advance each year. However, I don't know why you think it's unfair to France, since they were never even close to making it to the WJC.

They got promoted to Division I last year, and won Division IB this year; under the old system, that would have put them in the WJC in 2013, but they now have to go through Division IA to make it to the big stage.

I mean, why even call it Division IB anymore? That's just putting lipstick on a pig.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
They got promoted to Division I last year, and won Division IB this year; under the old system, that would have put them in the WJC in 2013, but they now have to go through Division IA to make it to the big stage.

I mean, why even call it Division IB anymore? That's just putting lipstick on a pig.
No, you don't realise the fact that the teams were RANKED accordingly, top 6 teams according to previous year's results were placed in Div IA and bottom six in Div IB.... And in reality France wouldn't have won neither Germany, nor Norway, Belarus or Slovenia if they played in Div IA, maybe they'd win against GBR... Div IB contained weaker teams.
Though next year the fight for promotion will be so much fun in Div IA :) :) :)

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
awww :(

Feel bad for Denmark, good for Latvia.

Ofc i wanted our Scandinavian neighbor to stay ;(

Thank you very much. But to look on the bright side, this might actually make it easier for Denmark to play in Malmö in 2014. Hopefully a tournament so close to home with a Danish team could get some mainstream press here, and maybe even a proper Danish crowd for the games.

Harikkerk

Dec 27, 2011
Sweden
Thank you very much. But to look on the bright side, this might actually make it easier for Denmark to play in Malmö in 2014. Hopefully a tournament so close to home with a Danish team could get some mainstream press here, and maybe even a proper Danish crowd for the games.

Got a point there! :nod:

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
No, you don't realise the fact that the teams were RANKED accordingly, top 6 teams according to previous year's results were placed in Div IA and bottom six in Div IB.... And in reality France wouldn't have won neither Germany, nor Norway, Belarus or Slovenia if they played in Div IA, maybe they'd win against GBR... Div IB contained weaker teams.
Though next year the fight for promotion will be so much fun in Div IA :) :) :)
Yeah, exactly.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah, this is how i feel
tumblr_lcgkunXW8R1qzr2th.gif

PS
Did any other team got so many back to backs like us?

Wow, feel even more proud, when we had our most important games in 2nd days of all back to backs. :yo:

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009

Denmark is returning all their forwards except 3 for next year's 1A tournament, so they've got a strong chance of being promoted again imo. Bjorkstrand is a big loss, but then again his younger brother and Eller will be a year older and better after competing as 16 year olds this year.

Not sure about their D, but they did win the 1A group in U-18 last year so they might be a decent group. Madsen was probably their best D this tourney and he's a 93' also.

DenGC

Nov 20, 2007
Denmark is returning all their forwards except 3 for next year's 1A tournament, so they've got a strong chance of being promoted again imo. Bjorkstrand is a big loss, but then again his younger brother and Eller will be a year older and better after competing as 16 year olds this year.

Not sure about their D, but they did win the 1A group in U-18 last year so they might be a decent group. Madsen was probably their best D this tourney and he's a 93' also.

Plus adding a couple of top 6 players that were originally considered a lock, but were missing this year due to injury....
Patrick Russell and Sebastian Ehlers, both 1993 born. Patrick Russell was supposed to be centering the first line of Meyer and Jensen. I think that the loss of him had a lot to say about how this team performed. It would have kept Jensen at his natural position on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad