Post-Game Talk: Reimer Dives. TOUCHDOWN! Jets destroy Panthers 7-2

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I know we haven't won a series yet, we haven't won a game yet, heck, "we haven't made the f***ing playoffs yet", but make no mistake about it. This team is a legitimate contender, with a number of strengths (forward depth, home ice advantage, special teams) that they can parlay into a win on any given game.

We went 13-3-4 after the rampant doomsaying that accompanied our last 2 game losing streak. We're 3-0-0 after this most recent 2-game losing streak. This is a team that seems to have figured out how to handle adversity :)

GO JETS GO that is all.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I l o v e this hockey club.

Celebratory tunes!

Peace keeping agents from several futures,
They got a warrant out, some judge's letter.
What it is I'm going to do, I haven't done.
They got their probabilities, but I got somethin' much better.
My Rocket 88, fastest in the land.
Crucial, crucial, velocity.
Crucial, crucial, velocity.
People keep sayin' you got to quit all your lyin',
But cheatin' and lyin' people is all I've ever known.
People keep tellin' me this and that and this and that,
'cause this and that people is all they've ever known.
Does it really matter how it all started,
Does it really matter how it's gonna end?
Reality is gettin' too damn unpredictable,
Unpredictable times call for the reliable friend.
Crucial, crucial,…

Last edited:

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Reimer the Diver got what he deserved...

Our boys are rad...

3540696_o.gif

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Such a convincing performance from the Jets. Only negative about the game, 3rd line and the players in it look bad
5 on 5. Oh well, that line could be a matchup nightmare for the opposition in the playoffs, even with 11mins of TOI.

First two lines are absolutely electric to watch. Great hockey.
I thought the 3rd line was in fact even surprisingly good tonight. Especially I was surprised that Copp even made some kind of playmaking a couple of times. The definite problem for that line is just still Laine and Ehlers in the same line. They just don’t connect at all. Neither of them can create absolutely no chances to each others. Both think definitely completely differently about hockey. They are absolutely wasted in the same line unfortunately.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Looking forward to the possession stats for this one.

Man...lots of joy in joyville this season. This is such a wild change from the previous 2.0 seasons. So much fun

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
3rd line was rock solid defensively and had some scoring chances. Nice to see Laine get rewarded, I thought he had a very good two way game today.
I absolutely agree with this otherwise, but offensively that line is not very convincing though. To me it seriously looks like the problem is more after all Laine and Ehlers in the same line than Copp as the center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad