Post-Game Talk: Reigning Stanley Cup Champions @ Bruins 7:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
somewhat off topic, but I'm hearing someone who sounds exactly like John Walton doing the MN-Peg game on NBCSN.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Burakovsky is a better bottom sixer than DSP, penalty killing be damned.

I’d hope that either Bura or Jaskin return to the lineup against Columbus because it’s hard to justify DSP’s spot in the lineup right now.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Why?

Scoring chances 19/17 Bruins, high danger scoring chances 10/7 Caps. That there's the ball game in the NHL.

This is true. I'm not saying we outplayed Boston, but it seemed like 75% of their SOG were all from the outside.

The Caps have been getting outshot a lot these days, but their shots always seem so dangerous. Even when they go "lazying" it up.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
This game from Boston’s perspective reminded me a lot of prior Capitals playoff games, especially against the Canadiens: lopsided shot total but not too many quality chances, and let down by shaky goaltending.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007

He is right. I know Marchand is a pest and a really good hockey player but I lost a ton of respect for him. He jumps Eller in the first game and then turtles when Eller gives him a fair chance. It is not like Eller is a goon or somebody Marchand is afraid of fighting. I'm sure players in the league have zero respect for a player like that.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
This is true. I'm not saying we outplayed Boston, but it seemed like 75% of their SOG were all from the outside.

The Caps have been getting outshot a lot these days, but their shots always seem so dangerous. Even when they go "lazying" it up.

Bruins are like the Canes, a Corsi team, looks pretty, accomplishes little. They also have a top line plus Debrusk and that is their offense. Now don't get me wrong that top line is one of the best in the game, but if you defend them well you can win.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Bruins are like the Canes, a Corsi team, looks pretty, accomplishes little. They also have a top line plus Debrusk and that is their offense. Now don't get me wrong that top line is one of the best in the game, but if you defend them well you can win.
I like krug and mcavoy. Both good players. And with debrusk, bjork, donato, they have some good youth too. Just hard to see them getting past the lightning in the playoffs, though. TAM sure looks like the team to beat in the east

Jun 15, 2007
Burakovsky is a better bottom sixer than DSP, penalty killing be damned.

I’d hope that either Bura or Jaskin return to the lineup against Columbus because it’s hard to justify DSP’s spot in the lineup right now.

Ironclad contract.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Why?

Scoring chances 19/17 Bruins, high danger scoring chances 10/7 Caps. That there's the ball game in the NHL.
Lmao. You just can't go a day without your stats. These stats are deceiving. The Bruins controlled the play for the majority of the game but didnt get any bounces go their way. Plenty of times they were in position for a great opportunity but didnt even get a shot because bad bounce. Holtby was also very lucky on rebounds today. There was a lot of loose pucks in front of him that the Bruins couldn't get their sticks on. We didnt play a great game.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
A couple things. I didn't get to watch the game. It appears Marchers is a puss. No news there.

When Walton did the Caps game on nbcsn with the female analyst it was clear the were going to use him. They must have heard something in the Caps playoff run that they liked.

Meanwhile I am Florida. I could hear the game on 1500. The guy filling in for Walton is good. In fact I prefer him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad