Post-Game Talk: Reigning Stanley Cup Champions @ Bruins 7:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Think teams may have gotten a call from the league? lol

Wonder who is going to stand up to the Nose? Willy would be unfair, my money is on DSP.

I guess that’s kinda by default, nobody else on team is really capable.

Can someone translate this for me?

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Can someone translate this for me?
I'll try. This is what I think Chokingdogs meant.

NHL might be letting the teams know that they won't let the game get out of hand, i.e. they're going to be calling it close.

Wonder who is going to stand up to the Nose? Willy would be unfair, my money is on DSP.
The Nose is Brad Marchand, aka the Rat. Wilson fighting Marchand would be unfair due to size diff, no so much if it was DSP.

Wilson and DSP are the only Caps that would fight Marchand? I don't know about that.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I'll try. This is what I think Chokingdogs meant.

NHL might be letting the teams know that they won't let the game get out of hand, i.e. they're going to be calling it close.

The Nose is Brad Marchand, aka the Rat. Wilson fighting Marchand would be unfair due to size diff, no so much if it was DSP.

Wilson and DSP are the only Caps that would fight Marchand? I don't know about that.

Excellent translation. I would add, the potential reason for the league to call to keep things calm is Marchand jumping Eller at the end of their season opening ass whipping the Caps handed down.

As for Willy and DSP being the only ones to fight, I can't see anyone else except maybe Oshie (pray he doesn't) undertaking a fight for a teammate in this manner. Sure, on a blue moon, an Orlov or a Connolly may get into a fight with some equally non skilled fighter over a personal dispute like "did you steal my sandwich from the shared fridge in the locker room area", but in terms of pure enforcement activity, its Wilson (grade 1A) and DSP (grade 3B) and not really anyone else. I feel like Jaskin would be an excellent fighter, he's strong as heck on his skates and his hands are actually made out of cement, so he should be good at it. If any monkey business happens in the press box, he should answer the call.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
I’m terms of pure Alan May respect pugilistic skillz it’s

Willy

DSP

Everybody else.

I’m not saying the others aren’t game, or willing ( most at least, some don’t/shouldn’t do it...e.g. vrana) to stand up, just that Willy and DSP are the most “comfortable”.

That and the Nose is one tough little sob, who’s probably had more fights than the entire team - save for the aforementioned two - combined.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Excellent translation. I would add, the potential reason for the league to call to keep things calm is Marchand jumping Eller at the end of their season opening ass whipping the Caps handed down.

As for Willy and DSP being the only ones to fight, I can't see anyone else except maybe Oshie (pray he doesn't) undertaking a fight for a teammate in this manner. Sure, on a blue moon, an Orlov or a Connolly may get into a fight with some equally non skilled fighter over a personal dispute like "did you steal my sandwich from the shared fridge in the locker room area", but in terms of pure enforcement activity, its Wilson (grade 1A) and DSP (grade 3B) and not really anyone else. I feel like Jaskin would be an excellent fighter, he's strong as heck on his skates and his hands are actually made out of cement, so he should be good at it. If any monkey business happens in the press box, he should answer the call.

Thanks I forgot about the Rat being a rat at the end of last season.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
No need to think about that list beyond Wilson. Don't want to deal with him? Don't do stupid shit to begin with.

This might get ugly, or not. Hope they get the W either way.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
KSD, oshie is another who could throw, but not against brad, and especially not with his melon concerns.
Orpik will chuck knucks if needed, but again I really don't see Marchand willingly going with him. The best fit for Marchand in our system is O'Brien.

Oshie fighting is painful. He is a skilled player that believes in playing hockey the old fashioned way where he handles his own issues. He's a terrible fighter and since he's already got concussion issues it scares me everytime he fights. He's got the heart of a Matt Bradley (I will probably not win, but I'll fight), the fighting skills of an angry Semin, but the skills of a top 6 forward.

Truthfully as much as I would like to see penance paid for the jumping of Lars I know that Marchand's game is one in which he rarely, if ever, actually answers for his crimes. He will not willingly drop the gloves if it A). is not beneficial to the Bruins and B). he does not have a distinct advantage. I think the Bruins have enough guys who are willing to take punishment on the behald of Marchand. I'd be surprised if he actually goes tonight. Your best bet in him getting his is having a player without not a lot of tape out there square up with him. A guy like Boyd, Dowd, or Kempny would be your best bet. (I also have a sneaking suspicion that Kempny would pummel him, he has an angry streak.)

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think Oshie is good fighter. He survived a bout with Quaid. Bradley? He would have bled out on the ice, and Semin... ok his head would have been put through a drum. You have good tech fighters, than you have guys that are just fighting all pissed off. He is in the furious corner.

I hope Willy hunts him down and harasses him all game long. Embarrass him and then if the game gets out of hand, start roughing, CC, slashing etc.

But who will collect the $100 bounty on Maratchand? I am taking Jake the snake at 1000:1

Yes, he will eat the rat head first.

jakub-vrana-bites-stick.jpg

Name the movie: Det. Eddie Eiler : You belong on the river, you f***in' rat!

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Ok, Nose’s fight history is what I thought. Not many fights, vast majority not against fighters and just gets manhandled due to size.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Orpik could. As could Niskanen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad