Post-Game Talk: Reigning Stanley Cup Champions @ Bruins 7:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 15, 2007
I don't it is either. It depends on his play. My point is the other side of the coin. Some people seem convinced that this is Orpik's last season. I think as long as the Caps are contenders he will want to play. As long as he can play the Caps will keep him. He doesn't look any different than last season to me.

We have a pretty bad logjam at defense. Even without Orpik returning we have to sit one of Djoos, Bowey or Siegenthaler. We have Lewington, Hobbs and Johansen in Hershey. Alexeyev and Fehervary ready to turn pro as well.

I'm 99% certain Orpik will not here next season as a player. As a coach, maybe.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I don't understand this board's obsession with other team's GDTs.

This.

GDT's are the worst thing to read around these forum's. It's painful to read these here at times, let alone go over to opposing teams board.

There are couple of boards i do check before games for detailed information. For example Philly's boards mod puts up some very detailed and good GDT's. But that's also one of those places where you go before the game and read only the OP before your brain melts.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
We have a pretty bad logjam at defense. Even without Orpik returning we have to sit one of Djoos, Bowey or Siegenthaler. We have Lewington, Hobbs and Johansen in Hershey. Alexeyev and Fehervary ready to turn pro as well.

Brooks Orpik and Alan May behind the bench in Hershey next year.:vhappy:

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
Free impartial observation and tears of rage? Sorry you are missing out. Not to mention there probably more posts about the caps on other gdts than our own

This tiny ass board doesnt do it for everyone

Reactions: Sam Spade

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

1. You should listen to how Reirden talks about Orpik.
2. None of those log jammed defensemen you mention above brings the kind of game that Orpik does.
3. I can almost promise you that the team when healthy will not be using 3 of those players at the same time. Experience is a premium on defense. Both at forward and defenseman.

We have a difference of opinion. Time will tell

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
A couple things. I didn't get to watch the game. It appears Marchers is a puss. No news there.

When Walton did the Caps game on nbcsn with the female analyst it was clear the were going to use him. They must have heard something in the Caps playoff run that they liked.

Meanwhile I am Florida. I could hear the game on 1500. The guy filling in for Walton is good. In fact I prefer him.

Fill-in guy was fine but Walton is the best in the biz IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad