Injury Report: Regehr Out Two to Three Weeks, Schultz Called Up

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Ugh. What a repeat of 2013. No Mitchell, no Voynov. injuries to muzzin, doughty, Regehr. Playing NHL rejects night after night on our second pairing now too. Can't wait to see what DL has up his sleeve for the deadline because we need the D help to be a true contender.

Happy for Shcultz to get another crack at the NHL though, he earned it.

Captain Mittens*

Shcultz is back *****es!!!!

ccea0c40-3c48-11e4-aa15-55537f50346d_20140914_103332.jpg

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Wishing a quick recovery to Regehr.

Schultz will play solid. Happy to have him back. He's certainly earned it.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
It's hilarious how people are bemoaning the recall of Schultz even after his contributions in the playoffs last year.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
It's hilarious how people are bemoaning the recall of Schultz even after his contributions in the playoffs last year.

I have no issue with Schultz being brought up, but I'd like to see Forbert just to get a look at whether he's close to joining the club on a full time basis next year.
I'm comfortable with Schultz especially after his performance in the Ucks series last year.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Maybe he will play well!! My bet is he won't. I'll go so far as to say McBain is a much better choice! DD minutes are going to get higher!!! I'm looking at a 40 minute game in his future.

BamBam1031

Aug 8, 2008

He definitely stepped into a high stakes situation and provided solid minutes. I didnt even notice him out there, which of course says a lot for a Dman.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

This is not the same situation as last year in the playoffs when Mitchell was on the team, and Voynov as well. that's a different story, less pressure on him then. HIs role was different.

He should do fine short term, but it won't be the same as last year, different situation.

DL has been shopping for a D since Oct and with RR down 2-3 weeks, he might move the decision up and not wait for the deadline.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
I have no issue with Schultz being brought up, but I'd like to see Forbert just to get a look at whether he's close to joining the club on a full time basis next year.
I'm comfortable with Schultz especially after his performance in the Ucks series last year.
Forbort deserves the call up! You can be happy with Schultz all you want based on a small sample in the playoffs. But, he's just not that good!! Someone else needs a peek!

Captain Mittens*

Forbort deserves the call up! You can be happy with Schultz all you want based on a small sample in the playoffs. But, he's just not that good!! Someone else needs a peek!
With the record the Kings have with developing D-men, I am going to defer judgement to them.
They either feel he isn't ready, they want him to be the man down there, or they don't want to mentally scar him when an elite nhl player 4th degree burns him.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica

Would rather Forbort keep getting a ton of minutes in Manchester. He'll get his chance but it should be next year in camp or in case of injury next season. Shcultz was signed for exactly this reason.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
With the record the Kings have with developing D-men, I am going to defer judgement to them.
They either feel he isn't ready, they want him to be the man down there, or they don't want to mentally scar him when an elite nhl player 4th degree burns him.

Whereas Schultz has built up a lot of scar tissue from being burned over the years, so he should be fine...;)

This is not the same situation as last year in the playoffs when Mitchell was on the team, and Voynov as well. that's a different story, less pressure on him then. HIs role was different.

He should do fine short term, but it won't be the same as last year, different situation.

DL has been shopping for a D since Oct and with RR down 2-3 weeks, he might move the decision up and not wait for the deadline.

Less pressure? I respectfully disagree. He came into the playoffs having played zero NHL games that season. He is coming into the regular season during December this season. He may be expected play more minutes this time around but given the team has played very mediocre to date without him, I'd say this is a less pressure situation. Plus this guy has earned it. He re-signed with the organization just for this type of chance. It would be an insult if they didn't give him this opportunity.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Agreed.

If anything there was more pressure last playoffs.

Im not saying he's the real deal, but I fail to see your logic.

member 88115

Would rather Forbort keep getting a ton of minutes in Manchester. He'll get his chance but it should be next year in camp or in case of injury next season. Shcultz was signed for exactly this reason.

But Schultz struggled at the beginning of the season. Not sure how about his play lately, since work has taking me away from watching the games. I thought Forbert outplayed Schultz to start the start th season. Forbert made the sharp, decisive & safe play to get the puck out of the d zone, while Schultz was getting either beat wide or was getting smashed along the boards and that seemed to kill his confidence.

Oh well. I do trust Dean & Co

Last edited by a moderator:

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Agreed.

If anything there was more pressure last playoffs.

Im not saying he's the real deal, but I fail to see your logic.

My logic was clearly stated. When he came last year, his role /job wasn't the same because the top 4 was stronger. Breakout passes were better, puck left the zone more, less time battling in this own end per shift. This year, the Kings D has spent a lot more time in their end and it's cost them.
This is not the same same D corp as last year, not as strong. He'll be under more pressure because he'll be spending more time under pressure, due to the change in the D and the fact they're not as good.

Chain

Feb 2, 2014
Hopefully RR isnt out too long buy Schultz is a capable dman in times like this. We're lucky to have a roleplayer like that.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
My logic was clearly stated. When he came last year, his role /job wasn't the same because the top 4 was stronger. Breakout passes were better, puck left the zone more, less time battling in this own end per shift. This year, the Kings D has spent a lot more time in their end and it's cost them.
This is not the same same D corp as last year, not as strong. He'll be under more pressure because he'll be spending more time under pressure, due to the change in the D and the fact they're not as good.
Yes and I still dont get this at all.

I rather see Schultz in his own zone than with a lot of space behind/around him + see post #18 from Buddy the Elf who IMO hit the nail on the head. So no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad