Injury Report: Regehr cleared; May Play in Game 2

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I have mixed feelings. I have always liked Regehr and was always a supporter of his acquisition and inclusion to our regular roster, but I am slightly uneasy about him coming back during the finals from a knee injury against a team known for speed. Our defense has been adequate, and it just boils down to fixing what isn't broken. I trust in Sutter and his loyalty to his players and this could be a great boost for us, but also raises risks that weren't there before.

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
Too early to talk but he'll be first to receive the cup from Brown along with Gaborik, I sort of think it's important for him to be on ice and I also miss his mean presence. We never missed Scuds at all this year thanks to his efforts.

member 88115

Would love for Regehr to be back and help Voynov because Mitchell has not mixed well with our boy Voy. Just no chemistry between Mitchell and Voynov

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
He must have finally quit that short-order cook job at that Brazilian place down by the pier.

It will be good to see him back. Greene has played really well, almost like the Greene of old. I don't think that either is more physical than the other, but Regehr is a step faster which lets him punish a little more. I also don't have to worry about the typical chip-skate by-interference penalties on Greene.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I have mixed feelings. I have always liked Regehr and was always a supporter of his acquisition and inclusion to our regular roster, but I am slightly uneasy about him coming back during the finals from a knee injury against a team known for speed. Our defense has been adequate, and it just boils down to fixing what isn't broken. I trust in Sutter and his loyalty to his players and this could be a great boost for us, but also raises risks that weren't there before.

I had a similiar concern, given RR's been out for awile, but he's a better player than Greene and as much as I disagree with some of Sutter's tactics, you can't argue that for the most part, he's got a good read ojn the pulse of the situation.
If he felt RR wasn't ready, he'd not put him in game 2 of a SCF.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah, mixed feelings. At least with Greene he's playing #6 minutes...Regehr will be playing #4 minutes, assuming he resumes his regular role. Seems risky.

Also really curious how our D is going to look next year.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Bad move, but pretty minor. Not a huge difference between Greene and Regehr. More like a lateral move. I'd wait until game 3 to insert Regehr. Don't mess with a good thing right now.

Sword

May 26, 2014
Hopefully, he doesn't get burned by the Rangers' speed. I cringe every time I see Mitchell joining the rush.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Yeah, mixed feelings. At least with Greene he's playing #6 minutes...Regehr will be playing #4 minutes, assuming he resumes his regular role. Seems risky.

Also really curious how our D is going to look next year.

The way Mitchell played in game 1, I'd rather see him get #4 minutes and have Regehr eased back into the fold. It might take him some time to get his legs and timing back. Mitchell was excellent in game 1.

Ron*

Would love for Regehr to be back and help Voynov because Mitchell has not mixed well with our boy Voy. Just no chemistry between Mitchell and Voynov

They have been a good pairing since the 2012 run. Not sure what you are talking about.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
This just in:

Rangers team heard shouting for Joy at the announcement regarding Regehr playing and have begun sharpening their skates.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This just in:

Rangers team heard shouting for Joy at the announcement regarding Regehr playing and have begun sharpening their skates.

Good, staples ice is soft, that'll slow em down :sarcasm:

please keep Kreider's knives away from Quick, thanks.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013

I don't think chemistry has anything to do with those two. They were together during the 2012 and did amazingly well. Mitchell has been light years ahead of Voynov during this year's run.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I think you put him in and sit Clifford for a game.

I think you go with 7 d.

Doughty-Muzzin
Voynov-Mitchell
Martinez-Regehr
Greene

If need be, Martinez or Greene take a shift or two as a 4th liner or double shift Carter or Kopitar.

Ron*

I think you go with 7 d.

Doughty-Muzzin
Voynov-Mitchell
Martinez-Regehr
Greene

If need be, Martinez or Greene take a shift or two as a 4th liner or double shift Carter or Kopitar.

Sutter is not going to bench the guy who got the Kings jump-started in game 1 of the SCF.

Just stop now.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I think you go with 7 d.

Doughty-Muzzin
Voynov-Mitchell
Martinez-Regehr
Greene

Intersting idea, and allows Greene and the defensive folks some inevitable PK shifts while keeping some of the rest of the d fresher.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008

I think you go with 7 d.

Doughty-Muzzin
Voynov-Mitchell
Martinez-Regehr
Greene

Don't see why Sutter would sit a guy who had 1g/1a and played a great overall game. If a forward was to sit, I'd rather see Lewis. Clifford brings good size and physicality.

Its a tough call because Greene has played pretty good as of late. It'll look like a bad move if Regehr comes in and sucks, but he must be ready I guess...

Bigleaf

Jun 21, 2008
Sutter is not going to bench the guy who got the Kings jump-started in game 1 of the SCF.

Just stop now.

I agree. He scores the first goal to jump start the offense, assists on Doughty's game tying goal, and also chases down the speed demon Hagelin on a breakaway with a beauty sliding poke check. I can't see Sutter rewarding him by sitting him out the very next game.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

I think you go with 7 d.

Doughty-Muzzin
Voynov-Mitchell
Martinez-Regehr
Greene

I would ordinarily agree with you, but Clifford played his best game in months in Game 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad