"Refrain from throwing hamburgers on the ice"

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I have to admit it's a rather amusing situation to be in

Millionaire superstar athletes asking the crowd to stop throwing hamburgers at them because they are winning hockey games

What a crazy world

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
They're asking people to wait after the game. Regardless, it's hilarious and awesome what Hammonds has done to not just the community of Ottawa, but the entire hockey community!

Jerk Store*

I'm going tonight... I kinda wanna throw a Hamburger though...

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Hahahahahaha "please stop throwing hamburgers" switches to a clip of lazar eating a burger off the ice with a huge smile and saluting the camera.

ahhahahahaha how can you take that seriously? The whole production has a hidden message of "please keep this going, its hilarious"

Obviously just done because the foodbank spokesperson was speaking up against this.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Hahahahahaha "please stop throwing hamburgers" switches to a clip of lazar eating a burger off the ice with a huge smile and winking to the camera.

ahhahahahaha how can you take that seriously? The whole production has a hidden message of "please keep this going, its hilarious"

Obviously just done because the foodbank spokesperson was speaking up against this.

This is the same foodbank last year that said they only want healthy food.

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
I have to admit it's a rather amusing situation to be in

Millionaire superstar athletes asking the crowd to stop throwing hamburgers at them because they are winning hockey games

What a crazy world

thesimpsons-what-a-time-to-be-alive.png

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
This is the same foodbank last year that said they only want healthy food.

*the same foodbank that is educating the general public on how to donate food without further burdening our health care system

Donating junk and KD might help in the short term but it's going to cost us all a lot more in the long term.

I don't understand why people are still so crusty about this. Many people go out of their way to buy items at the grocery store to donate, and those items are often a terrible choice for many reasons (overly expensive, require extra ingredients, provide no nutrition, etc.). A little education goes a long way.

It's really no different than the Red Cross asking you to donate the specific supplies they need in a crisis instead of donating items that aren't needed and end up as a burden.

Jerk Store*

*the same foodbank that is educating the general public on how to donate food without further burdening our health care system

Donating junk and KD might help in the short term but it's going to cost us all a lot more in the long term.

I don't understand why people are still so crusty about this. Many people go out of their way to buy items at the grocery store to donate, and those items are often a terrible choice for many reasons (overly expensive, require extra ingredients, provide no nutrition, etc.). A little education goes a long way.

It's really no different than the Red Cross asking you to donate the specific supplies they need in a crisis instead of donating items that aren't needed and end up as a burden.

Therefore what's their beef (see what I did there) with cheap burgers?

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
Therefore what's their beef (see what I did there) with cheap burgers?

My guess is that they find it offensive that people would waste resources and food when there are those in our community (a significant amount) who are malnourished and hungry.

note: I don't want to get into a debate about this. My response is simply speculation as to why they might find throwing hamburgers offensive.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
I think they're serious.

The premature throwing is getting really annoying and probably pissing off the league/refs, and there remains pressure from the "stop wasting food" crowd.

I dont expect fans to listen, but it's time to move on. Really what needs to happen is the rink needs to start selling plastic hamburgers for people to throw, and the ushers have to take control (as much as they can, i know it's a tough job) of the premature throwers.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I think we should change his nickname to rockman then everyone can dress up like megaman characters and we can throw rocks on the ice.

Win win.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
It still freaks me out how Methot's french sounds exactly like mine. My Quebecker family members always make fun of me for my "Ottawa" accent.

BigBush*

Why not attach a small charitable donation (food bank) with a purchase of a burger?

the CTC should sell cheap burgers made to be thrown at the end of the games with all proceeds going to the food bank.

win win imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad