GDT: Red Wings @ Wild - 7.00 - NBCSN

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Best case scenario Ottawa finishes #29 and Detroit #28 might happen after March.

Yeah. I think March could sink us below the Habs and maybe Vancouver.
And eventually, this team is going to have an injury. Detroit has been remarkably healthy this year.
The only problem is Blashill is coaching for life. But maybe that's a good thing.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
NBC was fawning over Detroit's work ethic in the 1st period. Minnesota was a lot better after the 2nd but the Wings like usual couldn't finish on their ridiculous chances. Talent boils down to getting pucks in the net and we don't have those #1 players to take games over.

I really agree with some of Blashill's adjustments starting last game- a few here have been calling for the same thing. AA on the 3rd with Nielsen helps balance that guy to become a 2nd line player (which he isn't). Mantha back with Larkin and Bertuzzi was actually good for the 1st line. If you keep those core duos together it doesn't matter who rotates in. I don't think Frk out for Booth and Abdelkader on the 2nd line gives us the best chance to win but I get the idea. This lineup at least had a more "professional" feel than others.

It bring up the point again, Blashill can coach. To keep this misfit team even barely competitive... guys are buying in. Jensen is gaining confidence, Nyquist is a stronger player than he's ever been. Larkin, Mantha, and AA in their own ways have also improved. Him as coach or not I don't think changes much. Either way he's earned himself a permanent job somewhere in the NHL.

Man Z is really slowing down, sad to see.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Larkin with 37 shots the last 10GP and zero goals. He'll probably end up with ~55 points and ~10-12 goals which is a good year and perfect for us in terms of signing him long term. I don't expect him to shoot 5% for the rest of his career.

Man Z is really slowing down, sad to see.
He'll still end with probably 50+ points. He's having a solid run in the twilight of his career. Would love it if he reaches 1000 carer points.

Reactions: Konnan511

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad