Rumor: Red Wings shopping for a D-man on trade market

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Gotta say, Tatar is a nice piece, but I'd have no interest in Jurco or Pulk. Personally, I'd be looking for Tatar + AA. IMO, the deal needs to hurt DET a little for it to be fair. Giving up Fowler is going to sting for us.

Zetterberg - Nielsen - Nyquist
Helm - Larkin - Vanek
Abdelkador - Glendening - Sheahan
Miller - Vitale - Ott

It's still a great forward line-up and your D just got a whole lot better with the addition of Fowler. Win-win or Lose-lose depending on how you look at it.

Why do you have Vitale in the lineup? The guy is done with a major concussion just like Franzen he wont be playing any more. Vitale and Mule are on LTIR this year and next.

fully0127

Oct 11, 2013
Holland really got away from his game plan in free agency. Although he addressed the need of a 2nd line center, we did not get bigger or grittier. A nice gamble on Vanek, but in all likelihood he will not be the impact forward he desires. Since Kenny has decided he wants to gamble this off-season, why not go big to get an impact d-man AND an impact forward....

Detroit trades:

Tatar
Pulkkinen
Howard

Buffalo trades:

Bogosian
Kane

Tatar is the prize of the deal and sabres need a goalie. Howard would be a good vet to bring in and let Lehner develop. Detroit assumes a ton of risk (Kane off ice issues, bogosian's health) but could be a steal if things go right.

fully0127

Oct 11, 2013
Kane- Zetterberg- Larkin
Abby- Nielsen- Nyquist
Helm- Sheahan- Vanek
Ott- Glendening- Miller
Jurco

Mantha will not be ready. Better to give him one more season in Grand Rapids, and have him replace Vanek next year. Obviously there would be a ton of options with the forward depth.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
All I have to say is good luck with that....
it's not like half the league want the same thing.
Will be extremly expensive.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Gotta say, Tatar is a nice piece, but I'd have no interest in Jurco or Pulk. Personally, I'd be looking for Tatar + AA. IMO, the deal needs to hurt DET a little for it to be fair. Giving up Fowler is going to sting for us.

Zetterberg - Nielsen - Nyquist
Helm - Larkin - Vanek
Abdelkador - Glendening - Sheahan
Miller - Vitale - Ott

It's still a great forward line-up and your D just got a whole lot better with the addition of Fowler. Win-win or Lose-lose depending on how you look at it.

Giving up our top goal scorer is going to hurt Detroit. I don't see why you don't think it will. But yes, something around Tatar/Nyquist + Mantha/AA is what it is looking like for Detroit now with Holland loading up on forwards.

Hush

Jan 28, 2013
Giving up our top goal scorer is going to hurt Detroit. I don't see why you don't think it will. But yes, something around Tatar/Nyquist + Mantha/AA is what it is looking like for Detroit now with Holland loading up on forwards.

As long as we are getting back a 1D I'm okay with that. I'd prefer Nyquist+AA for a 1D. Not Fowler, unless he's coming to us with a 1st.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
As long as we are getting back a 1D I'm okay with that. I'd prefer Nyquist+AA for a 1D. Not Fowler, unless he's coming to us with a 1st.

Well then. You might have just seen a clearly better winger than Nyquist getting a 2D in a trade. Straight up.

If there ever happened to be a signed 1D available (and no, NOT SUBBAN/WEBER), you'll start with Larkin and add very heavily.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Holland really got away from his game plan in free agency. Although he addressed the need of a 2nd line center, we did not get bigger or grittier.

Actually Wings neededa 1C not a 2C. Zetterberg is not a 1C anymore he can't handle those minutes and still be effective. He's best used in a 2C role with maybe 15 minutes max. Nielsen is more of a 1C than him.

This offseason has been a disaster. We'd have been better off eating the Datsyuk cap hit and drafting Chychrun than tossing stupid money at Nielsen and Helm. This team depresses me.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
Actually Wings neededa 1C not a 2C. Zetterberg is not a 1C anymore he can't handle those minutes and still be effective. He's best used in a 2C role with maybe 15 minutes max. Nielsen is more of a 1C than him.

This offseason has been a disaster. We'd have been better off eating the Datsyuk cap hit and drafting Chychrun than tossing stupid money at Nielsen and Helm. This team depresses me.

I wish we drafted Chychrun also, but it was a good risk to take if Stamkos ended here. If we trade for a #1 D we won't look too bad. I proposed Tatar+Sheahan+2nd for Shattenkirk, or Tatar+Pulk for Fowler. The roster seems fine to me

Mantha-Nielson-Nyquist
Z-Larkin-Vanek
AA-Helm-Abby
Ott-Luke-Who cares

or

Mantha-Nielson-Nyquist
Z-Larkin-Vanek
Helm-Sheahan-Abby
AA-Luke-Ott

Defense

Dekeyser-Fowler/Shattenkirk
Smith-Kronwall
Marchenko-Green

Putting Kronwall as a 2nd line D-man will benefit him greatly. Him and Smith have worked well in the past. Green on a third pairing is good depth, with Marchenko a safe player.

CKJohn

Apr 23, 2007
Well then. You might have just seen a clearly better winger than Nyquist getting a 2D in a trade. Straight up.

If there ever happened to be a signed 1D available (and no, NOT SUBBAN/WEBER), you'll start with Larkin and add very heavily.

No we won't. The Wings view Larkin as he could be our next Yzerman. Trading him away for an older Defenseman, regardless of stature, is an automatic loss in the long run of the team. We are looking for the #1 D so that we have our trifecta of Good/great Center, Defense, and goalie.

Obviously nobody is going to trade their #1 for anything less than over payment, which could include anyone besides Larkin and Mrazek on our roster. Lets be real here. Holland doesn't have the nuggets to trade anyone off the roster anyways.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Just send Tatar to Anaheim for Fowler and Stoner or Bieksa.
Detroit gets a top pair dman, Anaheim gets a top-6 forward and saves cap space.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Just send Tatar to Anaheim for Fowler and Stoner or Bieksa.
Detroit gets a top pair dman, Anaheim gets a top-6 forward and saves cap space.

Detroit doesn't have the cap space for that. They still have to sign Dekeyser and Mrazek. Tatar+Sheahan for Fowler makes the most sense for a deal IMO. I just would rather not trade Fowler at all, but at this point it's clearly coming.

mytduxfan*

Why do you have Vitale in the lineup? The guy is done with a major concussion just like Franzen he wont be playing any more. Vitale and Mule are on LTIR this year and next.

Tbh, I had no idea. I won't pretend to know DETs preferred line-up either. It was just an example of how good your forward corp looks even without Tatar and/or AA.

I think the signings of Nielsen and Vanek more then make up for the loss. Some great deals by KH, no doubt about it.

Hush

Jan 28, 2013

:laugh::laugh:

No, we won't.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Detroit doesn't have the cap space for that. They still have to sign Dekeyser and Mrazek. Tatar+Sheahan for Fowler makes the most sense for a deal IMO. I just would rather not trade Fowler at all, but at this point it's clearly coming.

Tatar and Sheahan for Fowler seems like a fair deal for both sides. As a Wings fan I would accept that deal.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I want all 3 of Tatar, AA, and sheahan. What would be an acceptable deAl?

Im guessing they would have no reason to move all 3 unless a solid forward was coming back, or if they are still weak 1 of larsson or montour along with Fowler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad