GDT: Red Wings-Griffins preseason game

Iowa Wingsfan

Jan 9, 2012
Nice to see Eaves out there. I like his game, besides Helm he is my favorite on the bottom 6.

Chances you beat me to it.

Aug 6, 2012
Brunner doesnt look as small as i expected. Obviously ita not too physical but stature-wise.
EDIT: probably just the ahl players.. Hes 5'10 176 according to fsd

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Brunner doesnt look as small as i expected. Obviously ita not too physical but stature-wise.

Yeah that jumped out at me when I saw him play in the Spegler and a couple Zug games I got ahold of online. The only thing that worries me and he isn't going to play on his offwing by what we have heard is he did that quite a bit on Zug and he cuts to the middle when he does that and that will be a very bad idea in the NHL.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I know it is the NHL rules and I wouldn't expect them to go hard enough for that to be an issue, but cannot wait for the no touch icing hybrid the AHL has and surprised they aren't using it from the sounds of things on radio.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Parkes sure loves these scrimmages, if I remember right he undressed Kronwall in his first ever one.

He has been playing better this year, but needs to start scoring a lot more in GR. He has NHL size and skating.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I know it is the NHL rules and I wouldn't expect them to go hard enough for that to be an issue, but cannot wait for the no touch icing hybrid the AHL has and surprised they aren't using it from the sounds of things on radio.

For what it's worth, AHL will go back to touch icing starting Friday. At least for the remainder of this eason.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
For what it's worth, AHL will go back to touch icing starting Friday. At least for the remainder of this eason.

That is awful, I have barely noticed the difference aside from not seeing a terrible injury down there this year.

I think that hybrid rule needs to be in the NHL, it is long overdue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad