Value of: Red Wings 1st in 2024

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Maatta is a vet and I was suggesting bringing in a UFA to play with Mintyukov
That still leaves too many LHD. The point of trading Fowler is to free up a spot. There are 4 young LHD already. If it's too trade for a worse LHD, Ducks are better off keeping Fowler. With the amount of cap space the Ducks have, they don't need to move money to sign a RHD. Ducks current LHD is:
Fowler
Mintyukov
Zellweger
LaCombe
Vaakanainen
Only Gudas and Lindstrom as RHD.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
What is your interest in Trouba? Not going to ask for a lot. I’d expect Detroit to pick up most, if not all, of his contract as opposed to wanting a return back.

He’s now on the Rangers third pair. Schneider has overtaken him and Trouba costs too much for a third pair RHD on a right side with Fox.

Trouba without retention has none to negative value, honestly.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
your no vote is acknowledged.
Prior to now, it was proper to presume Wings would be building
This thread by Red Wings fan OP, suggests something that also builds while adding immediate help would be considered, and future help on top of that possibly even welcomed.

Others, not me, introduced DET need to acquire quality netminder NOW

==========
given above reality,
if rest of your base concurs, we can agree Rs give up the dream of Seider while you surrender any hope of getting Shesty.

Or we can be open minded about some variation of a deal.

Whether or not our fave teams get more for those pieces elsewhere is a separate and fair ?, but we should not dismiss possibilities out of hand.

Remember, more of the same moves begets more of the same.
Gotta break some eggs if you are making an omelet.

If you want signif improvement, esp overnight, then signif assets have to be on the table.

peace out

No one has mentioned wanting "Shesty" and no one is trading a very young #1 defenseman for a goalie. It's a ridiculous proposal.

Reactions: cvaicunas

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
No one has mentioned wanting "Shesty" and no one is trading a very young #1 defenseman for a goalie. It's a ridiculous proposal.
inaccurate therefore wrong
it is not only Shesty
it is Shesty + Othmann a 15OA you conv ignored
+ favorable pick swap

and while Shesty was not specified, a G was
obv the better the G the higher the value/cost

Shesty = vez quality = elite
so if you prefer for whatev reason to keep Seider that's fine
but don't be disingenuous and misrepresent on value
or I will be forced to call you out until you get it right

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
it is not only Shesty
+ favorable pick swap

It's disingenuous to not mention all the moving parts when the main parts were Seider for Shesterkin?

We have no interest in Trouba and we don't need another winger.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
it is not only Shesty
+ favorable pick swap

The Red Wings want to build around Seider, Raymond, Larkin.

Unless you are giving us back a defenseman better than Seider, a winger better than Raymond, or a center better than Larkin in the deal (obviously we'd be giving a package in that case), it's a non-starter.

Wings aren't in a position to shuffle off one cornerstone to try to shore up a different position.

While I would love Shesterkin because he's incredible... goalies, even the ultra studs, don't have oodles of extra value... and not only that, Detroit has Cossa and Augustine in the pipeline both a year or so away. So we're trading a 1D entering into his prime years for a player who could easily become redundant in a couple years?

If you're trying to quantity trade for Seider? Don't. If you're trying to quantity trade for Raymond? Don't. Same with Larkin.

Doesn't mean Wings are gonna try to package 15 + one of our B prospects for your stud either... but they're not a position to want to trade their cornerstones they're built on without it being an absolute no-brainer.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Axel Sandy Pelikan

May 11, 2023
What is your interest in Trouba? Not going to ask for a lot. I’d expect Detroit to pick up most, if not all, of his contract as opposed to wanting a return back.

He’s now on the Rangers third pair. Schneider has overtaken him and Trouba costs too much for a third pair RHD on a right side with Fox.

Slim to none. Trouba with retention for cheap? Sure. But that's not what you're aiming for, I'm sure.

If we could rocket Jeff Petry into the sun for nothing and you retain Trouba to about his salary (6.25M), a 3rd? But I don't think we can and I don't think you'd eat a couple million on Trouba for a couple years either.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Slim to none. Trouba with retention for cheap? Sure. But that's not what you're aiming for, I'm sure.

If we could rocket Jeff Petry into the sun for nothing and you retain Trouba to about his salary (6.25M), a 3rd? But I don't think we can and I don't think you'd eat a couple million on Trouba for a couple years either.

Fabbri(1 year, 4 million)
Holl(3 years, 3.4 million

For

Trouba

NYR save on the cap a bit, get a bottom pairing Dman and secondary scoring.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I think Detroit would have better luck trying to flip their first out West.

Vegas has so many high-dollar players on roster it's almost unmanageable. They are at 84 million and have 8 roster spots to fill. They've also traded away a lot of firsts. They have a first in 2024 but don't have another one until 2027.

St. Louis has multiple assets the Wings would like and are probably about to enter a full rebuild.

Vancouver and Colorado are both bumping up against the cap.

Let's be real, though: Yzerman will likely end up using 15OA on a prospect that won't see the NHL until 2030.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Trying to dump the contract.

I don’t even need much or anything back. Cap space is what the Rangers would need. Trouba isn’t a bad NHL player. I wouldn’t want to pay him to go elsewhere.

It’d be purely for cap purposes, but if you guys don’t have an interest in taking most, if not all, of his contract then it doesn’t seem like a fit.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

May 11, 2023
Trying to dump the contract.

I don’t even need much or anything back. Cap space is what the Rangers would need. Trouba isn’t a bad NHL player. I wouldn’t want to pay him to go elsewhere.

It’d be purely for cap purposes, but if you guys don’t have an interest in taking most, if not all, of his contract then it doesn’t seem like a fit.
Yup. That's the rub. I don't mind Trouba the player, but I don't want his contract at full freight without dumping money ourselves.

Don't think it's a fit. Like the player, if salary cap wasn't a thing, I'd be all about it. But it's not a great use of cap to acquire him.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Shesty
Othmann
Trouba
2025 1st
Jones

for

Seider
DET 2026 2nd
Rassmussen
Gettinger

one real high end piece each way
quality futures + useful adds to offset Seider younger w/mo team control

DET adds elite G, higher W prospect ready now in Oth
Trouba for Seider is downgrade but Trouba mitigates a bit
and Wings add useful extra D Jones
so depth
+ upgrade on better pick sooner

Red Wings keep 15OA

Rs add foundation RD
gamble Quick + Dominque hold fort while heir Garand advances

somethin like dat

I feel violated.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Fowler would actually probably be a good fit for them, assuming Anaheim can take back one of their defensemen ofc. A top 4 of Seider, Fowler, Edvinsson, and Walman for next season would be pretty solid
I’d be careful adding Jake Walman anywhere in Detroit’s Top 6 at this point. I know fans like him, but it’s no coincidence the pinball game (in their own end) stopped with him in the press box.

Let’s just say, there’s probably a better chance Johansson plays with Seider next year, but it’ll likely be Chiarot. They just can’t allow Seider to spend half his shifts, chasing down Walman’s 3 ft passes to his invisible friend.

Pretty positive, the decision NOT to put Walman back with Seider (after he returned from his injury) came from the front office. It was insane Lalonde allowed it to keep going as long as he did. Then Chiarot actually played very well with Seider. A little surprising because last year, he kept trying to carry play when he was with Seider and it caused lots of issues. This time around, he played the way he’s always been great playing. Being a supporting, role playing dman. Not trying to do too much. It’s the best hockey he’s played in Detroit.

Then what did Walman last? One game playing on the bottom pair, before it was very apparent Maatta was much better with Ghost?

So speaking of trading their 1st, good bet Jake Walman is also moved this summer, and there will be a market for him. Whether it’s a solid bottom six player, prospect or something like a 3rd and a 5th. Teams will see the really good tape, and think they’ll fix the invisible friend stuff.

Anaheim might be a good bet for Walman.

We’ll see, but good chance we’ve seen the last of Walman in Detroit.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I’d be careful adding Jake Walman anywhere in Detroit’s Top 6 at this point. I know fans like him, but it’s no coincidence the pinball game (in their own end) stopped with him in the press box.

Let’s just say, there’s probably a better chance Johansson plays with Seider next year, but it’ll likely be Chiarot. They just can’t allow Seider to spend half his shifts, chasing down Walman’s 3 ft passes to his invisible friend.

Pretty positive, the decision NOT to put Walman back with Seider (after he returned from his injury) came from the front office. It was insane Lalonde allowed it to keep going as long as he did. Then Chiarot actually played very well with Seider. A little surprising because last year, he kept trying to carry play when he was with Seider and it caused lots of issues. This time around, he played the way he’s always been great playing. Being a supporting, role playing dman. Not trying to do too much. It’s the best hockey he’s played in Detroit.

Then what did Walman last? One game playing on the bottom pair, before it was very apparent Maatta was much better with Ghost?

So speaking of trading their 1st, good bet Jake Walman is also moved this summer, and there will be a market for him. Whether it’s a solid bottom six player, prospect or something like a 3rd and a 5th. Teams will see the really good tape, and think they’ll fix the invisible friend stuff.

Anaheim might be a good bet for Walman.

We’ll see, but good chance we’ve seen the last of Walman in Detroit.
If Detroit trades Walman, I'd like to see them try to also dump Holl and use the freed up cap to try and pry Parayko from St. Louis. 30 years old, 6.5 million contract that will run out at age 36. That lets Detroit run Seider-Parayko-Petry as their 3 RHD next year.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad