Post-Game Talk: Record breaking Slaf and the Habs lose to dirty Rags

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I wrote a few weeks ago that the Habs would look like shit once Gallagher was back in the line-up. I knew he wouldn't disappoint.

Yes, on one of the last pps Slaf took the puck and skates it to the blue line and basically into Matheson before passing it to the other winger, figured he thought "you won't pass it to me, I won't pass it to you!".

It's ridiculous.
The forwards realized the PP looked better when Matheson didn't have the puck and aren't listening to Burrows anymore.

At some point something will have to give. Slaf is, with Nick, the team best player(s), getting snubbed by a vet just shows how some of those vets have very high opinion of themselves that don't match their play...

Reactions: The Real Timo

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Gally really is the leader that this club need.

Seriously, did he contribute anything last night?

So tried of watching his corpse move around the ice.

I know it's not entirely his fault. He's given a lot for the team over the years but he's completely washed. Happens to everyone.

Anyone seen the movie Old Yeller? I think it's time...

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

I know it's not entirely his fault. He's given a lot for the team over the years but he's completely washed. Happens to everyone.

Yes, he served the penalty after the coaches challenge

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rozz and Tuggy

eurodin

Nov 1, 2017
Terrible 2nd period per usual. Damn the team just completely fell apart.

Not a terrible loss though. Caufield 2g, 1a. Slafkovsky 1g, 1a & Suzuki 1a. Top line was excellent again. Caufield is one goal away from 20 goals & definitely has the potential to hit 30 goals this year. Slafkovsky is 8 goals from 20. I really hope he gets there.

The rest of the forwards pretty much suck particularly the 3 amigos: Pearson, Gallagher & Anderson. They are just awful.

Newhook is not a good center. He's just way better on the wing.

Tough night for the D & Montembeault, who finished with a .774 save percentage.
Rangers flat in 1st period. They played Anaheim like in 1st. We are just not a playoff team.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

The only times I noticed him were when he served a penalty and when he tripped over the blueline.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Between Anderson and Gally, Habs have both term and money locked up in 2 ineffective wingers. At some point, at least one of them will need to go if we're to start building a competitive team.
Yeah it's got to be Anderson who goes and Gallagher will be a fourth line guy for as long as he plays or can play.

Reactions: Runner77

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

Yeah that contract was bad the day it was signed. It awarded Gallagher on past performance rather than the performance he could actually provide to the team moving forward. A shame Bergy was okay awarding Gallagher based on loyalty but stiff armed Markov for wanting an extra year.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Who we playing tomorrow... Wash? I bet Allen gets the start... Good opportunity for Ovi to pad his stats. But who knows... maybe of a dozen scouts who will happen to be at the game there is one sucker that will think that Allen is a 5th round worthy reclamation project behind a solid D crew and will get him between 2nd and 3rd period.

Arber better be playing as I am sure Wilson will be head hunting.

Chicken wings are planned. Which usually means a pretty much guaranteed loss. Just need to procure some beverages.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad