Rebuild/Tanking Thread/Tank Nation Squad GDT #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
28th or 29th for sure if I'm being completely honest. We're horrendous right now. It will just come down to Arizona passing us. And if we continue to lose at this pace, it's possible they pass us.

It's very possible. They have a game coming up vs. NJ, hoping that they win that one in OT.

Im Old Gregggg

Jun 22, 2010
Kitchener, On
Puljularvi - Big Finnish winger and as said he may have Kovy/Ovy potential, he has an elite shot. I think he's easily a better Finnish prospect than Barkov. Was playing in the Ligga league but is frustrated by the chances he wasn't given on it, he's in the junior league now.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1482359&page=24
Chychrun - 6'2 LD, Playing top pair on Sarnia and is similar to Doughty IMO.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1541429&highlight=chychrun&page=6

Chychrun beside Letang :laugh:
sc26q4g.jpg

Holy ****ing man-child..... he's gotta be as old looking as Ekblad, kid looks like a 10 year vet :laugh:, his last name is pretty gangster sounding too

Im Old Gregggg

Jun 22, 2010
Kitchener, On
I've seen him play a couple of times.

Best defensive prospect I've seen come up in the OHL in quite some time.

Haven't really seen him much, only seen a handful of Rangers games.. none against Sarnia. Deff gonna try seeing him live, sounds like he's the most impressive OHL dman since doughty, some people touting he is already at a Hanifin level too.

Very exiting that the Leafs should be looking at around a top 3 pick next year, this guy sounds like #1 all around stud

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
You won't hear a peep of complaint out of me.

This is amazing.

Bottom 5 looking solidified imo.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Haven't really seen him much, only seen a handful of Rangers games.. none against Sarnia. Deff gonna try seeing him live, sounds like he's the most impressive OHL dman since doughty, some people touting he is already at a Hanifin level too.

Very exiting that the Leafs should be looking at around a top 3 pick next year, this guy sounds like #1 all around stud

Doughty never got by on his athletic ability so much as his brilliant vision and intelligence on the ice.

Chychrun is a pure athlete, the full package, but definitely doesn't see the game as well as Doughty.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Did anyone see the rant Nick Kypreos had about that Steve Dangle video where he wants the Leafs to tank and for their fans to be on board with it. Anyway if you did you know he said after the trade deadline the NHL should change the rule to where teams who win more should get the better draft picks, so teams won't be rewarded for losing. This was my problem with what he said. I would say basically every night from now until the NHL Draft Lottery, both TSN and Sportsnet will be showing what the odd's are to get the 1st pick in 2015. So aren't the networks encouraging the fans who want to see their teams lose when we are reminded about that?

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
It was hilarious to hear Kypreos tonight. He's gone full idiot, asking them to just go out there and goon it up. He probably thinks he's scoring points with overly emotional fans, but honestly most of them seem to be resigned to the teardown/rebuild. Instead he's the equivalent of posters who wish injuries or root for enforcers to take a cheap shot when their team is down big. You're not impressing anyone Kipper. I don't blame the players for going through the motions or thinking ahead for their next gig, stop with the fake outrage already.

He was mentioning that nobody had an answer to what Eric Staal did last game when he tee'd one off at Phaneuf.

That's what he was saying to do and actually show some emotion.

But I think most players are concerned about their dinner plans.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Pretty obvious this free-fall is quickly falling into EPIC Territory, if not there already. The fact this is a Cap team is even worse... painful.

The negativity and stagnation in the dressing room has been speculated over and over in these forums and rightly so, and even again confirmed vocally by rookie Holand and the latest victim Jokinen.

The danger becomes though.... can our younger players grow from this? On pace to lose about 20 out of every 25 games?

Perpetual losing with no direction or "give-a-****" from the supposed Leaders on the team has to grind on the younger prospects. This poison in this market is unique to a handful of teams in sports.... a knowledgeable relentless fan base in the NHL Media Capital.

Here's hoping our younger future core can not only get over it, but handle every media junkie and rabid fan in the most viscious market in the NHL.

Just to add some extra junk to a complicated rebuild :)

I wouldn't worry too much about that. The rotten apples will be gone soon enough.

Even though we have been losing, I am still encouraged by the effort level and overall play of most of the guys that we expect to be here moving forward. It also has to be tough for the team to get motivated at this point playing for a lame duck coach knowing that management and the fan base wants them to tank hard the rest of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad