Post-Game Talk: Rearrange the Rangers 11/20/19 @ 8 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think he was injured too but that just raises the question of why he was playing hurt when the regular season doesnt matter at all.

Because players play hurt. They are all hurt to one extent or another. Backstrom is a team leader. He isn't going to take a night off and a plate of Nachos when he can play. After the last game, it appears he told Reirden he cant play.

Upper body suggests hands/wrists. Maybe a shoulder.

Reactions: Heath

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
That's a possibility sure. In my opinion though, those reasons are not good enough.

It just doesn't work that way. Players play if they can. They don't take precautionary days off. Meanwhile with their salary cap situation and their injury situation starting with Kempny, they are short on players. With Hagelin and Dowd out, he couldn't take a game off.

Reactions: 32hunter

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
We lost Backstrom because of game like this. Sure Caps can play very physical, but in regular season, it's better to have less of these games.

where did it say he got hurt during that game? And guys can get hurt any time they lace them up, we still need to be physical. The last two cup champs played that way

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I wonder how Johansen and Alexeyev are doin, same with Fjallby. Idk much about these prospects that are playing tonight. Are they significantly better?

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Indeed. Just trying to fit in with all the overreactions and hyperbole. Probably the most important game of the season...today. Stay positive everyone!

tenor.gif

If we lose this game, there's zero chance they can win a Cup this year. Season over!!

Jun 15, 2007
If there's a shootout tonight we have a secret weapon.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I think he was injured too but that just raises the question of why he was playing hurt when the regular season doesnt matter at all.

He probably had a minor "play through it" injury which just about everyone has at one time or another in an 82 game season, and he aggravated it recently and made the call to sit out.

Why does everyone have to find something sinister lurking under every bit of news?

Reactions: Calicaps

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
lets not forget sgarbossa had 30 goals and 35 assists for Hershey last year. He has 7 goals and 7 assists in 17 games this year

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
lets not forget sgarbossa had 30 goals and 35 assists for Hershey last year. He has 7 goals and 7 assists in 17 games this year

One of the great things about this season is all this rotation of players. It's the season that keeps on giving or at least I hope.

Reactions: Calicaps

Pomee

Nov 26, 2006
I'm going with Vrana, Oshie. Ovi, and Panik for goals. I would fall on the floor laughing if Panik gets a hattrick.

lol nice!
Panik will get his hattrick eventually, just not sure about Sgarbossa as his center tonight.
:yo:

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
lol nice!
Panik will get his hattrick eventually, just not sure about Sgarbossa as his center tonight.
:yo:

Every year I keep hoping for some sleeper or steal like Martin St Louis or other players in the past on opposing teams. I keep getting a feeling this year we may have a steal. I'm not specifically meaning Panik or Sgarbossa, however who knows.

Reactions: Pomee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad