Seravalli: Really decent chance Conor Garland is traded today

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I could see the Leafs picking him up, going on one last run, then choosing to move Nylander in the offseason to fix the cap, and keep the cheaper cap hit for only a slight downgrade on F while adding either a big piece somewhere else or stocking up with futures.

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
Would love him on the Avs. Would be a piece for our 2nd line next year when everyone is a FA. Joe needs to do a couple moves now with Landy and Girard out for pretty much the rest of the season

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Would love him on the Avs. Would be a piece for our 2nd line next year when everyone is a FA. Joe needs to do a couple moves now with Landy and Girard out for pretty much the rest of the season
mackinnon-garland-helmet.2062d37d.gif

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I don't really get why, though - Garland's a really good player, on a fairly priced contract he just signed, and is in his prime. Those are the types of player you keep, no?

Usually. But it wasn't Rutherford that traded for him and signed him. That said... you'd think he's an ideal Rutherford like player. Faster, skates hard all the time, has some skill and is signed to a decent contract.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I really hope Garland receives a first rounder back in return. Or Benning traded away the 9th overall "Guenther" for Ekman-freaking-Larsson. The Canucks really should be trading Boeser first before Garland.
Thing is, only a contender would make a trade for him now, which means that 1st rounder will be 25th or lower.

The difference between that and a high 2nd is very small, when it comes to probability to draft an impactful NHL player with it.

Reactions: TropicOfNoReturn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad