Seravalli: Really decent chance Conor Garland is traded today

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
So the Canucks trade a high first for Garland and sign him to a cap-friendly multi-year deal, and now he’s on the block in season 1 after playing well? I’m very confused?

Different management group made the OEL/Garland trade.

The Canucks need to recoup picks and prospects, because they have none. Garland is a very good even-strength player and is on a reasonable contract - which makes him one of their only trade chips of any substantial value.

TropicOfNoReturn

May 30, 2021
Marino+Kapanen for Garland+Schenn checks the boxes roster-wise, but it seems like that's skewed toward the Canucks in terms of value, unless everyone has REALLY soured on Kapanen.
As a Canucks fan I'm not at all interested in Kapanen, based on his play relative to his cap hit.

Reactions: Cogburn

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Dubas was linked to Garland before IIRC. certainly his type of player. The asking price has to be high, it's not like he's lost value. Don't know why Vancouver would move on from him after one season and on a reasonable contract.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
+1. If Pittsburgh doesn't qualify him and he wants to sign a little cheaper on a show-me deal, I'd be into that, but he's not worth his qualifying offer at the moment.

Kapanen's qualifying offer is $800k

I'd do Kapanen, Joseph and a 1st for Garland and a 3rd. Any more and I'd pass. Marino is a definite no-go.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think Marino is only in play for Boeser. Marino in a Garland trade is too iffy.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
That Debrusk extension seemed odd. He's from western Canada and Garland is from near Boston and they make close to the the same amount. Possible swap?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
If you add a 1st and a solid prospect maybe..Garland is significantly better than Debrusk lol
Sure, there can be an add by BOS. The two players would be the basis of the trade.

Garland may be "significantly better", but assuming the rumor is true why would VC be dealing Garland so soon after trading for him and extending him? Makes one wonder, no?

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Sure, there can be an add by BOS. The two players would be the basis of the trade.

Garland may be "significantly better", but assuming the rumor is true why would VC be dealing Garland so soon after trading for him and extending him? Makes one wonder, no?
Why would we move Garland for a worse winger?

It would be a mistake to trade Garland at all. The only reason he is even getting considered to be moved is to clear cap or trade it for a RHD.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015

New management wants to make their own changes. Put their stamp on the team and remove Bennings in some ways. Garland is the wrong move, but still a move. They also want cap flexibility July 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad