Reading HF on mobile (nightmare)(amazon ad)

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Add to that the constant frigging reminder about notifications... Why are they even "highly recommending" it? Ugh.. this is both android and pc tho...

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
For me since latest update the constant refreshing has gotten much better

But WOW the ads.. top AND bottom what is that ? Ive seen illegal stream website with less annoying ads

With the tiny « x » and they come back like 1 minut later.. what the hell is that

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
For me since latest update the constant refreshing has gotten much better

But WOW the ads.. top AND bottom what is that ? Ive seen illegal stream website with less annoying ads

With the tiny « x » and they come back like 1 minut later.. what the hell is that

+1

Absolute joke.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Now I keep getting “there was a problem with this page so it’s been refreshed” messages and the page will refresh by itself.

This place f***ing sucks.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Is anyone getting an amazon ad with no way to close it every 30 seconds while trying to scroll on mobile ? Insane stuff

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Keep getting hit with this spam Amazon ad. Website is literally unusable.

iOS desperately needs to allow ublock extension

Reactions: jiboy

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Keep getting hit with this spam Amazon ad. Website is literally unusable.

iOS desperately needs to allow ublock extension
At the same time Hf asks you to not use adblocker but they serve us some of the most annoying and intrusive ads.

Please have admins try to go around this website on a mobile without an ad blocker and see how its such an insanely bad customer experience.

Sometimes you get top and bottom ads where you feel like your driving in a winterstorm and can only see through a tiny part of your windshield..christ

Reactions: allroundfan

EK65IsAGod

SensWerePrettyPesky
Jul 31, 2011
Maritimes
Yup, website is unusable on iOS. Load a page, 5 seconds go by, amazon pop up ad.

On the bright side I've won a bunch of le Creuset and Hexclad sets.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Is there an admin we can tag or message about this? The ads are so intrusive I actually stopped using the site on mobile at this point (and I can only assume my uBlock Origin is holding back a world of eyeball cancer on my desktop)....

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Stop using Chrome. Use Brave.
Using the website on mobile is a very bad experience and likely going to stop users from coming back.

If we have to use a special browser maybe something isnt right or at least there should be a note « we recommend using x browser for a more fluid experience »

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Using the website on mobile is a very bad experience and likely going to stop users from coming back.

If we have to use a special browser maybe something isnt right or at least there should be a note « we recommend using x browser for a more fluid experience »

There's nothing special about it other than it has built-in privacy settings which includes blocking trackers and ads, including pop-ups. Chrome sucks. Brave is actually a chrome based browser. It just does it better.

It works great with YouTube too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad