Salary Cap: Re-signing Rozsival

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
We have an outrageous luxury for Rozsival to be our 6D. Do I want that luxury again next year? Yes, of course I do.

Now, the thing is, Rozsival should accept the same contract he already has, maybe .2-.4 higher. But if it's too high to the point where we can't fit in Bickell/Stalberg, Leddy, whoever is before him, then it's a privilege, not a right, to have somebody like Rozsival be optional.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
He wasn't signed on July 1st and I don't think he will see that much demand. He won't sign with a non contender and with the Cap coming down and his age, I don't see him getting a good deal

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
He wasn't signed on July 1st and I don't think he will see that much demand. He won't sign with a non contender and with the Cap coming down and his age, I don't see him getting a good deal

Strongly disagree. Rozsival is only 34 and would have been the best d-man on the Flyers, and played signficantly better than guys like Carle & Wideman, who both make 2.5x what he does.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him back, but looking as good as he did for the Hawks this year will get him paid somewhere else next year. I just can't see him leaving the $'s on the table to come back.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
From a more board perspective....

Whats the likely hood of resigning Stalberg/Bickell?(With Leddy and Kruger Contracts pending..)

Even with the cap coming down, I expect that a talent light team would make offers to Stalberg & Bickell that the Hawks just can't match.

I would like to resign Stalberg and Bickell, but I think Stalberg is going to get a good contract on the market that the Hawks can't compete with and Bickell will sign with us for a fair deal, but team friendly because he really wants to stay.

We must get Leddy signed and wouldn't oppose resigning Kruger either, but if we could get Stalberg, Bickell, and Leddy signed I won't complain.

Agree Leddy is the priority, but would be really surprised if we can keep Bickell. He's be making practically the league minimum @ $540K per year for the last 4 years, and even wiht the cap coming down, I think that someone will pay him $2.5-3M next year easy. Depending on the other moves, I have a hard time seeing BB leave THAT much money on the table, but hoping that it does happen.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
he plays good enough, but he won't get a contract like that. With the Cap coming down and him having no reason to play for a team like the Panthers. He will get a contract similar to his current one

MagicSlap*

You don't pay a player like Rozsival that kind of money, you let him go after his service and find the next Rozsival. That's what smart teams do.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Me too. The guy has made nearly $27 million since the 04-05 lockout. I don't think he's going to go to some bull **** team for an extra 500K at this point in his career.

Do people really think that Rozsival would only get a contract for $2.5M?

I'd love to have him back, but with the number of teams that desperately need to improve their blueline, I'd be that Rosy would be able to easily get $3.5-4M on a short term deal.

We'll find out shortly. Like I said, I'd love to have him back, but IMO that's unlikely. I will say that that the Hawks seem to have more forward prospects ready to step up than on the blueline, which might make keeping Rosy a priority.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
No ****ing way he gets that big of a contract unless it is a team at the floor, which will overuse him and probably end his career too soon. He's better off signing 1 year deals for around 2M here with a team that will only use him when he is 100% and give him the rest he needs to stay fresh. He can play another 3-4 years like that and make more in the long run while maybe getting a couple rings and spot in the organization after his playing career is over.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
No ****ing way he gets that big of a contract unless it is a team at the floor, which will overuse him and probably end his career too soon. He's better off signing 1 year deals for around 2M here with a team that will only use him when he is 100% and give him the rest he needs to stay fresh. He can play another 3-4 years like that and make more in the long run while maybe getting a couple rings and spot in the organization after his playing career is over.

If Kopecky can get 3 mil, then I don't doubt any potential contract as too much.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Do people really think that Rozsival would only get a contract for $2.5M?

I'd love to have him back, but with the number of teams that desperately need to improve their blueline, I'd be that Rosy would be able to easily get $3.5-4M on a short term deal.

We'll find out shortly. Like I said, I'd love to have him back, but IMO that's unlikely. I will say that that the Hawks seem to have more forward prospects ready to step up than on the blueline, which might make keeping Rosy a priority.

Please tell me why he plays on a 1 year contract with the hawks for 2 Million...

If he would find that easily, why hasn't he found it this year knowing it will be a short season - enough rest for him and being ready for the POs and 1 year younger?

I'd like to have him back but I don't see that 2 million in Cap Space available that is required to keep him.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
I like Rozy, and actually think he's good at his current cap hit, but I think he's been good enough he can earn the same next year, possibly a little more depending how POs go. Unless he wants to take a cut to stick around I think I'd rather go with Brookbank and Stanton at 6D. It's time to start keeping a little bit of space available for the kids who need to come up.

LandofLincoln*

Strongly disagree. Rozsival is only 34 and would have been the best d-man on the Flyers, and played signficantly better than guys like Carle & Wideman, who both make 2.5x what he does.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him back, but looking as good as he did for the Hawks this year will get him paid somewhere else next year. I just can't see him leaving the $'s on the table to come back.

I think he could fetch 4 million next season in Philadelphia.

The Hawks would be lucky to get him another year. Another good signing by Stan.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
He's a #4 ufa defenseman. Whatever you think he's worth, add two million per if he wants it.

Tell me what he's done to deserve a pay cut?

Who talks about a pay cut? He actually makes 2 million and has a NTC. He won't get a better contract this offseason from a PO team

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I personally don't think Rozi has played that well this post season so far. I could care less if he is back next year. I think Brookbank or another cheap Dman can fill his shoes just fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad