Salary Cap: Re-signing Rozsival

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Am i the only one who thinks the Hawks should make inking this guy for another 1 year deal is a higher priority than signing Bickell and/or Stalberg? We won a President's Trophy and a Jennings and a lot of that has to do with the ability of the Hawks to run 3 good/great dpairs every night. Rozsival gives that to us and i think its a lot more important than making sure we have a solid 3rd line, especially when that 3rd line could be filled with some prospects.

Dont get me wrong, i think Bickell and Stalberg have been great all year but if we re-sign neither but get Rozsie to another 1 year deal i would be completely happy.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
I would want to see how he plays through the playoffs. If it was 1.5, I could be content with the injury risk. Hawks still don't have anybody else ready to come in from the system so they'll have to sign at least one more dman anyway. I can think of much worse ideas, depending on Roszival's price.

I don't think he should be a priority. In order, I hope they consider Leddy, Kruger, backup goalie, Bickell or Stalberg, and then consider Roszival depending on the cap situation.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Oh i hope you didn't mean I menat Rozie was our biggest signing priority. Obviously getting Leddy signed to the best deal possible is priority numero uno. I just wouldn't be upset if Stan decided to sign Rozsival in lieu of Bickell and/or Stalberg

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Oh i hope you didn't mean I menat Rozie was our biggest signing priority. Obviously getting Leddy signed to the best deal possible is priority numero uno. I just wouldn't be upset if Stan decided to sign Rozsival in lieu of Bickell and/or Stalberg

No, I didn't mean to imply that you were suggesting that he was the priority. I was assuming you were only suggesting that you're open to the idea of keeping him around.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
If he does he better be an extra D-man. I hope Stan has learned his lesson about resigning an older vet only to have him show his age the next year. (Jamal Mayers I'm looking at you)

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Rozsival's only 34. He'll be 35 in September, but he's not so old where you should expect a significant drop-off next year.

I'd be good with extending Rozsival, but if the Hawks don't, it won't be the end of the world. Having Rozsival as your 6th Dman is a luxury, not a necessity. I know people would shutter to think it, but a rotation of Stanton/Brookbank next year won't be a bad thing. If they can afford Rozsival, great, if not, it's not going to make or break the Hawks. They'll still have three strong pairs regardless.

RomersWorld*

I am fine with Stanton and Brookbank as 6th dmen. I'd much rather spend the money to keep one of the two UFA forwards.

Besides, Roszival might be able to get a decent size contract as a free agent..he played great and the stats back that up.

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
Big Rozy fan. He may be on his last legs though. If he will come back on a Mayers contract then absolutely.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Big Rozy fan. He may be on his last legs though. If he will come back on a Mayers contract then absolutely.

What would be a "Mayers contract" for Rozy, in your opinion? Surely not league-minimum.

Like I said, if they can afford him, hopefully they can resign him. If not, they'll roll with Stanton/Brookbank and still have 3 solid pairs.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
For as solid as he's played, I have a hard time seeing someone not offering him at least what he's making now.

I agree. The only thing that may deter teams is that he still missed games a couple times, maybe another time that wasn't listed, because of injury. I think he'll get 2 million on the market somewhere. Too many teams with capspace that need defense. I'm hoping he wants to stay in Chicago for less, but I'm not expecting it.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I like him, but we would be better off using that money for a forward to keep our depth.

Team wasn't much worse with Brookbank in Rozys place.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
First wait and see what happens with Leddy, Krüger, Stalberg and Bickell. Rozi will stay if we offer him a fair deal. Not sure if we could afford it

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
I am fine with Stanton and Brookbank as 6th dmen. I'd much rather spend the money to keep one of the two UFA forwards.

Besides, Roszival might be able to get a decent size contract as a free agent..he played great and the stats back that up.

I think we're all fooling ourselves. Rozsival played great, and someone will easily give him a 2-3 year deal at a lot more than the Hawks can afford. He's still a legit 2nd pair guy that Bowman very smartly signed in the offseason when he slipped through the cracks. He's not going to slip through the cracks after playing so well for the Hawks this year.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
He's an alright #6 on this team but will be out of that price range after this season.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I'd love to resign him to a reasonable deal, but I think he will get paid more to play elsewhere, like others have said. If we could keep him for like 1.25 I'd be all for it.

McDooRoo

Feb 24, 2013
Wyoming
From a more board perspective....

Whats the likely hood of resigning Stalberg/Bickell?(With Leddy and Kruger Contracts pending..)

I would like to resign Stalberg and Bickell, but I think Stalberg is going to get a good contract on the market that the Hawks can't compete with and Bickell will sign with us for a fair deal, but team friendly because he really wants to stay.

We must get Leddy signed and wouldn't oppose resigning Kruger either, but if we could get Stalberg, Bickell, and Leddy signed I won't complain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad