RD Moritz Seider (2019, 6th, DET) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Most team's don't use two D on the PP anymore. I doubt we will either

I mean have you watched the Wings much this year? They have been forcing 2 D on the second unit down our throat for a while now. Even though I think the units for tonight’s game switched that up a little bit.

Regardless, Hronek is not a special powerplay QB by any means, and Seider should be able to pass him fairly easily if he has any poise and feel for an offensive zone set. Hronek is a bit panicky and gassed up most of the time leading to poor shot choices, bad reads, passes in the feet at a higher clip than I’d prefer.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I mean have you watched the Wings much this year? They have been forcing 2 D on the second unit down our throat for a while now. Even though I think the units for tonight’s game switched that up a little bit.

Regardless, Hronek is not a special powerplay QB by any means, and Seider should be able to pass him fairly easily if he has any poise and feel for an offensive zone set. Hronek is a bit panicky and gassed up most of the time leading to poor shot choices, bad reads, passes in the feet at a higher clip than I’d prefer.
Yes, and whoever is on PP2 is pretty irrelevant since very little production ever comes from that.

Seider definitely wont be quartbacking our PP1 as a rookie. His offense is not on that level.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Yes, and whoever is on PP2 is pretty irrelevant since very little production ever comes from that.

Seider definitely wont be quartbacking our PP1 as a rookie. His offense is not on that level.

is his shot on that level though?

Apr 14, 2009
Canada

Have you seen our PP this year? It literally is impossible for it to be any worse, so why not give Seider a chance?

Reactions: breuk and wingfan

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
is his shot on that level though?

He's got a good wrister from the point that he keeps low and gets to the net. It's good for creating rebounds and tips.

Slapshot technique needs a lot of work. When he hammers it he has a tendency to break his sticks. Other times he's not getting enough flex on the stick because he's not making enough contact with the ice on the shot. There's power behind it but the dude needs to really practice firing it non stop.

Reactions: lakai17

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Have you seen our PP this year? It literally is impossible for it to be any worse, so why not give Seider a chance?
Coaches don't typically "just give guys a chance" like fans always say they should. If you think he's going to be quartbacking our #1PP unit you're very likely to be disappointed.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

:laugh:

As if the wings have a PP QB on their roster.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
:laugh:

As if the wings have a PP QB on their roster.
Hronek today is a better offensive D than Seider. If youre expecting 40+ pts pace from Seider next season like Hronek has done then you're likely to be disappointed

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
seeing the quickness in sides acceleration and his agilty to go with soft hands and quick thinking , size , strength makes me think nhl allstar every time i see him play . and yes mbh pp qb , your underestimating his hockey iq and hands . he will make hronek look dumb founded in comparison :

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Seider has all the puck skills, skating, passing, and vision that you would want out of a PP QB. Only thing he is lacking is the shot... this has been mentioned ad nauseum. If his shot is even just average he'll be a wonderful PP QB for us.... thats not much to ask. He says hes working on his shot, and he's exceeded everyones expectations in ever facet thus far. I dont think its unreasonable for him to develop his shot.

I dont even think his shot is that bad, its just he doesnt have a shooting mentality at all.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Offense doesn't come as natural to Seider, you can see it in his games since returning from injury. Offensive timing and confidence looks a little off compared to before injury, however defensively and physically he hasn't missed a beat. Anyone thinking he doesn't have PP QB potential hasn't seen him enough, that said it's not the main draw of his game. Essentially he's someone that does things well regardless of situation, so there's never going to be a bad time to put him on the ice.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Offense doesn't come as natural to Seider, you can see it in his games since returning from injury. Offensive timing and confidence looks a little off compared to before injury, however defensively and physically he hasn't missed a beat. Anyone thinking he doesn't have PP QB potential hasn't seen him enough, that said it's not the main draw of his game. Essentially he's someone that does things well regardless of situation, so there's never going to be a bad time to put him on the ice.

Bro, he's played 1 full game and his 2nd game is still going right now. It's not like he's been back for 3 weeks. Let him get his feet wet before saying things like that.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Bro, he's played 1 full game and his 2nd game is still going right now. It's not like he's been back for 3 weeks. Let him get his feet wet before saying things like that.
I’m one of the biggest believers in his offensive upside, the point is the offense isn’t the foundation of his game.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Seider has all the puck skills, skating, passing, and vision that you would want out of a PP QB. Only thing he is lacking is the shot... this has been mentioned ad nauseum. If his shot is even just average he'll be a wonderful PP QB for us.... thats not much to ask. He says hes working on his shot, and he's exceeded everyones expectations in ever facet thus far. I dont think its unreasonable for him to develop his shot.

I dont even think his shot is that bad, its just he doesnt have a shooting mentality at all.

It is the European way of playing in my opinion, we don t like to play on rebounds and favor passing and creating plays rather than shooting for a rebound which is a frequent thing to do in the US from what I can observe, but Seider will adapt just fine.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad