RD Moritz Seider (2019, 6th, DET) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Hes going to rip up the NHL immediately. Shoe in for Calder imo.
Easy there partner. The NHL is on a whole different level than the SHL, especially with the incredibly high pace of play. If he can continue his current upward trend in terms of projection, and become a franchise-level defender in his first season, then sure, I could see it happening. He will have every opportunity to do so this upcoming season, given the state of Wings' blueline.

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
Easy there partner. The NHL is on a whole different level than the SHL, especially with the incredibly high pace of play. If he can continue his current upward trend in terms of projection, and become a franchise-level defender in his first season, then sure, I could see it happening. He will have every opportunity to do so this upcoming season, given the state of Wings' blueline.
He will be one of the higher odds favourites. Going to get an immediate large role, and has played multiple pro seasons with men already. Being one of the best Dmen in the Swedish elite league at his 19 - I don’t think I need to calm those predictions down ;)

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
No. I still dont think the offense is there for him.

A solid ~20pt season while showing us what a good defenseman defensively is will be a great season for him.

A future ~40ish all around #1D is what I'm hoping for. Anything else above is just gravy.
upload_2021-2-18_22-43-34.png

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
No. I still dont think the offense is there for him.

A solid ~20pt season while showing us what a good defenseman defensively is will be a great season for him.

A future ~40ish all around #1D is what I'm hoping for. Anything else above is just gravy.
He can win the Calder with 30 points. I certainly see the offense there for him. Numbers he has put up in AHL and SHL not flukes.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
seider doesnt create offense by rushing the puck or huge shot . he creates offense via a great awareness level + soft hands + huge size n reach that allow him to hold onto the puck and cruise around like an aircraft carrier . and he might not become a huge goal scorer , but can still be a big point producer by how he helps his teammates with his iq , hands , reach . mean while being absolutely elite defensively

Reactions: mantha39

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
He can win the Calder with 30 points. I certainly see the offense there for him. Numbers he has put up in AHL and SHL not flukes.
The Calder essentially only goes to forwards unless a D puts up huge points. How many D have won the Calder with 30 or less points?

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
This is a down year for rookies. Seider would have likely had a chance for Calder now, next year chance is smaller imo.

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
The Calder essentially only goes to forwards unless a D puts up huge points. How many D have won the Calder with 30 or less points?
Probably right, but maybe they allow it. I suppose it’ll depend if he gets any power play time. But that’ll likely stick with Hronek. May alternate in on the 2nd unit.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
seider doesnt create offense by rushing the puck or huge shot . he creates offense via a great awareness level + soft hands + huge size n reach that allow him to hold onto the puck and cruise around like an aircraft carrier . and he might not become a huge goal scorer , but can still be a big point producer by how he helps his teammates with his iq , hands , reach . mean while being absolutely elite defensively

He's actually been carrying the puck up ice a fair bit this year. His shot/shot usage is really the only aspect of his game lagging behind atp

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
He's actually been carrying the puck up ice a fair bit this year. His shot/shot usage is really the only aspect of his game lagging behind atp
i have to admit i initially compared him to larry robinson but backed off because hes not as fleet and agile of a skater . but this season hes been flashing wheels and agility i didnt think he had , and like your saying has been lugging the puck up displaying excellent bursts of speed . and his shot i say improves with physical maturity because stronger hands will make for a better shot

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
SHL Spotlight: Moritz Seider - SHL.se

With the world coming to a pause so did the German DEL, where Moritz Seider was due to play on loan from the Detroit Red Wings. Things went another direction and instead the German defenseman now is a cornerstone in Rögle for the remainder of the season.

Has the timing in your, quite frankly, A-level hits been something you’ve had to work on coming back to the big rink?
"I always like playing a physical game. I think that’s just the answer, with me being that tall." he chuckles. "But I try to use it as an advantage to my game. But it’s always nice when you’re getting closer and you can get that hit. But it’s just a nice bonus, because in the end it all comes down to how you perform. Because nobody cares if you dish out hits and you still cost the team games. But it’s worked pretty good lately and I think the last couple of games are going to be a lot of fun. "

Lastly, are there any traits or things you've been trying to work on here in Sweden that you would like to bring back to North America?
"The key thing to me this year has been working on my shot, improving it. Getting more power and that’s been working really good. It obviously helps having a guy like Gélinas beside me with that rocket of a shot. That’s a nice feature to have and I’m trying to take advantage of that right now and hopefully it will benefit my future game."

Last edited:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The only one that jumps to mind is Barret Jackman in the trap era. And neither of the two forwards who finished 2nd and 3rd broke 45 (Zetterberg and Rick Nash).

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
The only one that jumps to mind is Barret Jackman in the trap era. And neither of the two forwards who finished 2nd and 3rd broke 45 (Zetterberg and Rick Nash).
Only one I can think of too (and most people still even disagreed with that).

I strongly doubt Seider gets close to the 40+pts needed to be a Calder winner in today's world with Hronek taking PP1 duties. Somewhere between 20-30pts should be considered a great year.

Reactions: JBeast

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Only one I can think of too (and most people still even disagreed with that).

I strongly doubt Seider gets close to the 40+pts needed to be a Calder winner in today's world with Hronek taking PP1 duties. Somewhere between 20-30pts should be considered a great year.

Hronek doesn't really quarterback the powerplay much anymore. He's used as a triggerman more frequently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad