RD Adam Boqvist - Brynas J20, Superelit (2018, 8th, CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Scratched ladlst night and tonight.

Hurt or healthy scratch? Not really hoping the former, would be suprised with the latter even though I dog his effort.

Last edited:

blindpass

May 7, 2010
0 points in 5 games!

He's even +/- on a team with 12 gf and 26 ga, and has 13 shots on goal. I think they've only scored 6 in the five games he's played.

I wouldn't worry about the point totals. Anyone who's seen him play knows he can put up points. The emphasis is likely on improving his defensive play and that seems to be going ok.

Last edited:

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Does anyone know if he's getting PP time? They have a lot of older offensive defensemen on the IceHogs.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
0 points in 5 games!
a skilled D-man in AHL is very tuff to get a true read on.
even some of the best Pro scouts sometimes have to watch a guy multiple games 5-10 to gauge his development / progression.
Points is the last thing I would worry about along with +/-

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Does anyone know if he's getting PP time? They have a lot of older offensive defensemen on the IceHogs.
Hogs defense is actually super young. Boqvist, Krys, Beaudin, Carlsson are all young guys playing their first or second years in that league.

And no idea if he's getting PP time, but I did read yesterday that their PP is 0-28, so even if he is getting time there, it's probably not doing a whole heck of a lot. Just a very poorly handled team.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
He's even +/- on a team with 12 gf and 26 ga, and has 13 shots on goal. I think they've only scored 6 in the five games he's played.

I wouldn't worry about the point totals. Anyone who's seen him play knows he can put up points. The emphasis is likely on improving his defensive play and that seems to be going ok.
This. The Icehogs are a mess at the moment.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
All older than Boqvist.
But all are super young. Beaudin was in the same draft class, Krys was drafted the year prior, and Carlsson is a bit older, but he's still only 22. 4 of your everyday defensemen being under 23 is exceptionally young for the AHL. Holm is the most experienced guy there and while he's 27, this is his first season in North America.

A very green back-end.

Reactions: d rake

blindpass

May 7, 2010
But all are super young. Beaudin was in the same draft class, Krys was drafted the year prior, and Carlsson is a bit older, but he's still only 22. 4 of your everyday defensemen being under 23 is exceptionally young for the AHL. Holm is the most experienced guy there and while he's 27, this is his first season in North America.

A very green back-end.
Yeah, my point was just that he might not be getting PP time.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Weird timing Imo.

Chicago just seems like a mess right now and are desperate to do anything to try and be competitive this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad