Speculation: RBAs next contract

3CanesInTheBox

5!CanesintheBox
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu

I swear to GAWD, DW and TD I WILL FIND YOU in a Bojangles parking lot if you mess this up!!

i will find him man of steel lol.gif

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I am rather chill about the offseason rumors, as usual. This is a management group that has earned a considerable amount of goodwill because, FTMP, they seem to know what they're doing a lot more than the majority of NHL front offices. I expect some creative destruction, but probably not within the coaching staff, since there are no salary caps for coaches and FO types.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
We don’t know if it’s money related, perks related, years on the contract related (maybe we want him to sign a little longer so we aren’t having to do this as much), maybe its length of contracts for the assistants, or something else

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
The Canes are not the Coyotes. We pay our bills. We are a cap team every year. We just do business differently and wow does it piss off some groups associated with the nhl who are so full of themselves that are bent because we don’t just cave and do what they want…

Unlike the business practices of the coyotes ownership people trying to get a deal after the services have been provided, the Canes are upfront in their negotiations and are firm in their valuations. They will not just cave and bend over to allow agents to insert whatever they feel like up the orgs collective derrière.

Agents HATE the Canes because their standard fear monger tactics don’t work on the Canes team. They will not overpay for anything if they feel they can get the price they deem they can get or what they deem is fair market value. Agents have to work and we don’t just keep handing out ever increasing crazy priced deals for their clients that keep the cycle going of ever increasing costs that force higher ticket prices to increase HRR to bump the cap to fit more overpriced players and agents keep upping the contract prices. We all should be happy with the Canes and hope that every other team was the same way….

These insiders are nothing more than the mouthpieces for agents or teams depending on what PR narrative they are trying to push to the public. If these insiders want to keep getting info sent to them before others so they can keep their jobs and earn their paychecks, they have to play ball and spout anything the agents or teams demand. Here the Canes didn’t share background info. They said it in a press conference. The agent did the sneaky background manipulative thing this time…

What we see here from the insiders is clearly that the agent is playing a game of chicken with the Canes now that Brindy helped us get to the second round for the sixth season in a row.

I have zero insider info but I would be willing to bet a large sum of money that with us beating the islanders, the agent came back with a new counter offer or escalated demands. The Canes told him where to go with the new demands and this is the agent trying to apply pressure through the media for the Canes to give in to some or all of these new demands.

The tsn clip of O’Neill relishing trying to talk shit about the Canes because we haven’t retired his number or fellate him relentlessly to feed his ego is par for the course for that a$$ in the mould of a Hull like person outside the game.

The one that bugs me is how much Weeksie has leaned into this and carried the water for the agent. He must realllllly owe some agents with as much as he is pushing on this one…. Or he is getting it from the agent AND folks associated with the Rangers plus the nhl itself… I lost respect for him with how he is reporting on this one…. I also have zero doubt they are trying to really push this in the media to try to create a distraction right before we play the rangers. Given how much we **know** the series is already in the bag for the rangers in terms of the penalty differential with officiating corruption and favoritism to help their PP try to determine the series results, they are also doing everything possible to create any kind of distraction or throw off the team/locker room… zero coincidence this is happening today after we finished off the isles and moving on to the rangers in round 2….

There will be more back and forth and it will likely get done. Coaches lose the room all the time. Brindy is likely the least likely to have that happen compared to many in the fraternity of coaches given his relatability and how he is still likely in better shape than most current nhlers.

I don’t think Brindy is a lifer Cane…. I can see him coaching elsewhere. He doesn’t want to uproot the family but it might be necessary depending on what happens. I think he has the bug and won’t just retire if we were to fire him. Until we gave him the head coaching job, he has said numerous times in interviews that he was calling around trying to get a job elsewhere. So he can and would move elsewhere. But the Canes are not going to just give in to every demand and they aren’t going to overpay even though this isn’t something that counts against the cap…. But they are already thinking of their next coaches years from now and they don’t want an established history of just caving and paying too much for a coach…. Brindy has had a very large role in our success these last six years and how the team has stayed engaged and playing hard for a coach for this many consecutive years. But Brindy is not the entire team and it’s not like the team would have totally sucked with a different coach given the rosters we have had and the cap amount we spent on players every year…. We staffed the team with players that meshed with Brindy coaching style and how he wanted the team to play. We could have brought in different players if the coach was different and maybe had a lot of success…. It’s insulting to the players that have been on our rosters to suggest it’s only because of Brindy we have been successful or Brindy is the whole team…

The Canes take risks to try to make the right bets and come out to the best in terms of new contracts…. They are going to lose on the Jarvis risk bet as he will cost more than if they had given him an extension last offseason. But they will likely win on Necas given how he has again been a no show in the playoffs again. So he isn’t getting a Svech contract as a result unless he plays wildly better in these next rounds….. they are going to have to get creative to avoid giving away free money on a contract during declining years to our UFA dmen and older players….

I hope this gets done and it works for everyone and team and Brindy are happy with the result.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
The Canes are not the Coyotes. We pay our bills. We are a cap team every year. We just do business differently and wow does it piss off some groups associated with the nhl who are so full of themselves that are bent because we don’t just cave and do what they want…

Unlike the business practices of the coyotes ownership people trying to get a deal after the services have been provided, the Canes are upfront in their negotiations and are firm in their valuations. They will not just cave and bend over to allow agents to insert whatever they feel like up the orgs collective derrière.

Agents HATE the Canes because their standard fear monger tactics don’t work on the Canes team. They will not overpay for anything if they feel they can get the price they deem they can get or what they deem is fair market value. Agents have to work and we don’t just keep handing out ever increasing crazy priced deals for their clients that keep the cycle going of ever increasing costs that force higher ticket prices to increase HRR to bump the cap to fit more overpriced players and agents keep upping the contract prices. We all should be happy with the Canes and hope that every other team was the same way….

These insiders are nothing more than the mouthpieces for agents or teams depending on what PR narrative they are trying to push to the public. If these insiders want to keep getting info sent to them before others so they can keep their jobs and earn their paychecks, they have to play ball and spout anything the agents or teams demand. Here the Canes didn’t share background info. They said it in a press conference. The agent did the sneaky background manipulative thing this time…

What we see here from the insiders is clearly that the agent is playing a game of chicken with the Canes now that Brindy helped us get to the second round for the sixth season in a row.

I have zero insider info but I would be willing to bet a large sum of money that with us beating the islanders, the agent came back with a new counter offer or escalated demands. The Canes told him where to go with the new demands and this is the agent trying to apply pressure through the media for the Canes to give in to some or all of these new demands.

The tsn clip of O’Neill relishing trying to talk shit about the Canes because we haven’t retired his number or fellate him relentlessly to feed his ego is par for the course for that a$$ in the mould of a Hull like person outside the game.

The one that bugs me is how much Weeksie has leaned into this and carried the water for the agent. He must realllllly owe some agents with as much as he is pushing on this one…. Or he is getting it from the agent AND folks associated with the Rangers plus the nhl itself… I lost respect for him with how he is reporting on this one…. I also have zero doubt they are trying to really push this in the media to try to create a distraction right before we play the rangers. Given how much we **know** the series is already in the bag for the rangers in terms of the penalty differential with officiating corruption and favoritism to help their PP try to determine the series results, they are also doing everything possible to create any kind of distraction or throw off the team/locker room… zero coincidence this is happening today after we finished off the isles and moving on to the rangers in round 2….

There will be more back and forth and it will likely get done. Coaches lose the room all the time. Brindy is likely the least likely to have that happen compared to many in the fraternity of coaches given his relatability and how he is still likely in better shape than most current nhlers.

I don’t think Brindy is a lifer Cane…. I can see him coaching elsewhere. He doesn’t want to uproot the family but it might be necessary depending on what happens. I think he has the bug and won’t just retire if we were to fire him. Until we gave him the head coaching job, he has said numerous times in interviews that he was calling around trying to get a job elsewhere. So he can and would move elsewhere. But the Canes are not going to just give in to every demand and they aren’t going to overpay even though this isn’t something that counts against the cap…. But they are already thinking of their next coaches years from now and they don’t want an established history of just caving and paying too much for a coach…. Brindy has had a very large role in our success these last six years and how the team has stayed engaged and playing hard for a coach for this many consecutive years. But Brindy is not the entire team and it’s not like the team would have totally sucked with a different coach given the rosters we have had and the cap amount we spent on players every year…. We staffed the team with players that meshed with Brindy coaching style and how he wanted the team to play. We could have brought in different players if the coach was different and maybe had a lot of success…. It’s insulting to the players that have been on our rosters to suggest it’s only because of Brindy we have been successful or Brindy is the whole team…

The Canes take risks to try to make the right bets and come out to the best in terms of new contracts…. They are going to lose on the Jarvis risk bet as he will cost more than if they had given him an extension last offseason. But they will likely win on Necas given how he has again been a no show in the playoffs again. So he isn’t getting a Svech contract as a result unless he plays wildly better in these next rounds….. they are going to have to get creative to avoid giving away free money on a contract during declining years to our UFA dmen and older players….

I hope this gets done and it works for everyone and team and Brindy are happy with the result.
Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM.jpg

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC

IMG_1304.jpeg

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
Just make it a 'forever Cane' or until retirement contract.

I know that is not possible but maybe the Hurricanes can work something out in the contract for Brindamour to coach the team until he retires. I don't know how long that would be from now or even how long he will think of coaching...just a thought because I highly doubt he'll get fired at seasons end...despite the rumors I've been seeing circulating (not here but elsewhere).

Because like I mentioned in an earlier post...I don't see him leaving despite what people think.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Just make it a 'forever Cane' or until retirement contract.

I know that is not possible but maybe the Hurricanes can work something out in the contract for Brindamour to coach the team until he retires. I don't know how long that would be from now or even how long he will think of coaching...just a thought because I highly doubt he'll get fired at seasons end...despite the rumors I've been seeing circulating (not here but elsewhere).

Because like I mentioned in an earlier post...I don't see him leaving despite what people think.
He's not leaving, he's trying to take care of his assistants. And honestly, given how we have been developing over the course of the year as well as year over year, they all deserve it.

With all of that said, everything I've heard is that it was all tabled until after the playoff run is over, and it's been like that for a couple months now, so to hear all of this the last 24 hours or so, someone is pulling some bullshit behind the scenes. And of course the Canadian media sucks it all down like a lapdog due to their obsession with Dundon and the Canes. Getting O'Neill, who has been bitter toward the franchise ever since the sale, was a cherry on top last night

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
He's not leaving, he's trying to take care of his assistants. And honestly, given how we have been developing over the course of the year as well as year over year, they all deserve it.

With all of that said, everything I've heard is that it was all tabled until after the playoff run is over, and it's been like that for a couple months now, so to hear all of this the last 24 hours or so, someone is pulling some bullshit behind the scenes. And of course the Canadian media sucks it all down like a lapdog due to their obsession with Dundon and the Canes. Getting O'Neill, who has been bitter toward the franchise ever since the sale, was a cherry on top last night

Makes sense and I did read somewhere that an extension for Guentzel has been tabled as well.

We'll see where all this goes after this playoff run is over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad