Rasmussen

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007

The Detroit Red Wings need more production from Michael Rasmussen.​

Rasmussen has totaled two goals and six points on the season. He recorded a goal and two assists over the first ten games of the season and has continued that trend, notching just one goal and two assists through his past 12 contests. He’s a plus-5 on the season and has willingly embraced a checking role, but he’s averaging over 15 minutes of ice time per night. He’s just not creating enough offense to play those types of minutes. Last season, he totaled ten goals and 29 points over 56 games and skated to a plus-2 rating. Rasmussen’s Relative Corsi For Percentage during even-strength situations so far this season has settled in at -4.2, the second-worst rating of his career. His 1.1 points per 60 minutes is the poorest offensive production of his career. His 6.7% shooting percentage is the second worst of his career. These are all reasons to be concerned, knowing that the Red Wings vastly improved their roster ahead of this season compared to the ones they’ve skated out onto the ice in recent years.

This guy's tough to play against demeanor Mickey spoke of nightly last season is just not present in 23-24. At times, he doesn't appear engaged. His play, compared to last year, has regressed. I think he could be playing his way off the roster or, at least, away from that 3-year deal he was looking for this off season.

Reactions: Sentinel

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
copp + ras + maatta/2nd rounder for hanifin :sarcasm:

I wanted ras to rip off a year this year especially after last year. He has been playing slightly better since being put on that 4th line with the surging veleno surprise, but not enough to warrant a roster spot anymore with who we can bring up from GR to take the spot.

I guess I should ask...would anyone on the detroit side not do the above deal? Should be close to unanimous, yes? might be slightly overpay with 3 roster players going for one but none of those 3 are really in for the future plans anymore imo.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
I don’t really care much for what the stats say, but it’s very obvious to see that the player is lacking confidence. His on ice body language says a lot.

He definitely needs a couple of fortunate bounces his way to get him back on track.

The first couple of games this season he came out flying and I would have bet he would be netting 20 by the end of the year.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
If I were Rasmussen's size, I'd be running people into the third row every night (provided I didn't make it as a pro wrestler instead).
Quick! Somebody edit Ras on this with his trademark stare. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
1701730495241.jpeg

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
He's back to being a stride behind the opposition on defense with weak stick checking and grabbing. He's also back to being a cinch to angle into the boards when he's carrying the puck.

Move your feet, dude

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Looks hurt or something. It's essentially a contract year for him and Veleno and, well we see how Veleno is playing... He's getting a bridge deal. Rasmussen is getting a RFA offer or hitting UFA.

copp + ras + maatta/2nd rounder for hanifin

That's a hell of a trade but Copp does have some sort of NTC, idk if it's a full no movement or if he'd have to submit a list.

Reactions: heyfolks

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Looks hurt or something. It's essentially a contract year for him and Veleno and, well we see how Veleno is playing... He's getting a bridge deal. Rasmussen is getting a RFA offer or hitting UFA.

That's a hell of a trade but Copp does have some sort of NTC, idk if it's a full no movement or if he'd have to submit a list.
it's a lot to trade for one guy but it is the one area we need the most help and all 3 of those players, you could argue, wouldn't bring up to the same value hanifin would be for this team. Copp's no trade list is 10 team's he veto's, after that we can trade. I'd assume calgary would be on that list, but no one really would know that unless he submits that list.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
He was really good last year during the few weeks/months before he got hurt. Hopefully he can turn it around.

Reactions: Ulysses31

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
He's back to being a stride behind the opposition on defense with weak stick checking and grabbing. He's also back to being a cinch to angle into the boards when he's carrying the puck.

Move your feet, dude
I just had the weirdest Mantha flashback.

*shiver*

Reactions: Sentinel

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He's not even playing up to his contract this season, his actual salary is $1.9M, and he's playing about the same as Fischer who's making $1M less. That also makes his QO $1.9M.

Bundling garbage together does not turn it into gold. You'd have to attach a first rounder to that as garbage disposal fee, and you might get future consideration in return.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin

I wanted ras to rip off a year this year especially after last year. He has been playing slightly better since being put on that 4th line with the surging veleno surprise, but not enough to warrant a roster spot anymore with who we can bring up from GR to take the spot.

I guess I should ask...would anyone on the detroit side not do the above deal? Should be close to unanimous, yes? might be slightly overpay with 3 roster players going for one but none of those 3 are really in for the future plans anymore imo.
Calgary is in a tough spot with Hanifin considering he's a UFA come July 1st, but would he want to play/sign long term in Detroit?

I'm game for that trade otherwise.

Bundling garbage together does not turn it into gold. You'd have to attach a first rounder to that as garbage disposal fee, and you might get future consideration in return.
While you're not wrong, but with Hanifin being a UFA come July...

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
While you're not wrong, but with Hanifin being a UFA come July...
Overpaid 3C (Copp), 4C(Raz), and 3rd pair D (Maatta) doesn't get you anything.

Calgary will ask for picks/prospects. Bertuzzi was a pending UFA and returned a 1st, if Calgary does 50% retention on Hanifin they are getting either a 1st or 2nd and 3rd.

More than likely they'll ask for Ed, and Stevie hangs up the phone, lol.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

Calgary will ask for picks/prospects. Bertuzzi was a pending UFA and returned a 1st, if Calgary does 50% retention on Hanifin they are getting either a 1st or 2nd and 3rd.

To get Hanifin its costing us Wallinder, some B prospect, a cap dump and a pick(2nd?)

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin

What Calgary gets in return will depend upon the # of calls GM Conroy gets.

To get Hanifin its costing us Wallinder, some B prospect, a cap dump and a pick(2nd?)
Possibly...If there's significant interest some rival GM is likely to overpay for what could be a rental.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

Possibly...If there's significant interest some rival GM is likely to overpay for what could be a rental.
I think any team rsm who trades for him is doing so with the intention of signing him

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

They still won't trade him for Copp and Rasmussen type deal. They won't want Copp's deal and Ras has shown that maybe there isn't much room to grow and other teams aren't going to be that excited by a big guy who doesn't play like a big guy.

Actually would have liked going after Zadorov with the price only being a 3rd and 5th. If he is worth resigning you do it, and if not no major loss. Obviously that would have depended on if Zadorov had any interest in Det.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
You think there aren't any teams that want Hanifin? We go through this every season. Zadina plus a second does not get you top end talent, neither will Copp or Raz.

If anything, I don't think Stevie is interested. If he wants to upgrade the D, all he has to do is call GR.

After Kane is put to roster, Rasmussen will start his career path as elite 4th line center.
Is that like being the smartest kid in special ed? Why use the word "elite" for a 4th liner?

I think he'll be good in that role, but he's already overpaid for 4th line. His QO is $1.9M.

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Is that like being the smartest kid in special ed? Why use the word "elite" for a 4th liner?

I think he'll be good in that role, but he's already overpaid for 4th line. His QO is $1.9M.

Our 4th liners are paid 2M... Kostin and Sprong.

I like having too good players at 4th line. Overpaid or not.

Reactions: Snuggs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad