Prospect Info: Rasmus Asplund (2016, 33rd) –- Loaned to Vasteras (HockeyAllsvenskan)

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
He has me really excited. My first impression was larsson V2.0. I saw people call him ROR V2.0...I'm starting to think the happy medium may be possible and that's still a heck of a guy to have in the system. I haven't watched anything but the highlights to comment on so I'm depending on other's analysis but still even the stat sheet and word of mouth is enough to be excited about.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Missed todays game, they lost their first in OT but Rasmus got an assist and is still PPG.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He had a shot in the first against Davidsson and Djurgarden this morning. 2nd is just underway.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Kris Baker‏ @SabresProspects -

A couple hours away from Sweden (Rasmus Asplund) vs the Czech Republic opener at the Karjala Cup.

Rasmus Asplund listed as the 13th forward for Sweden. Also slated as LW as opposed to his normal C role.

Rasmus Asplund received one shift for :40 earlier today as Sweden defeated Czech Republic 5-3 in opening game of the Karjala Cup. (Youngest forward on roster. 13th forward. Somewhat expected.)

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Should be watching this, but too interested in seeing Dahlin and Olofsson right now.

Cannot really fault you for that. Dahlen is an amazing talent, another sneaky good 2nd round pick. Asplund is much more dynamic than people gave him credit for. He's definitely a vastly superior player profile than Larsson, even when Johan was coming up. Johan is still a guy I like on the bottom six for sure though.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yep, 20 shifts, 13:43 ToI in the loss, 1 shot and even (not on for any gf/ga). Ex-Sabres Jhonas Enroth played (in relied) and Linus Omark are also on the Swedish team for the Karjala tournament.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Had class today, missed his game.

One assist (Farjestad's third goal, springing Lindqvist on a breakaway at center ice) and a -1. There is a seeing-eye pass he makes at around the 0:50 mark of the video that wasn't a scoring play but was an impressive dish.

Holloway's goal was all on the goalie - not Rasmus' man, nor was he involved after the d-zone faceoff loss by his linemate.

Skellefteå AIK - Färjestad BK

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Liking that Farjestad has come back from down 3-1 with two late goals to tie it in the 2nd. No counting stats so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad