Prospect Info: Rasmus Asplund (2016, 33rd) –- Loaned to Vasteras (HockeyAllsvenskan)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This kid seems more and more like the real deal. So pleased by his continued development and the trajectory still seems to be trending upward.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
By better talent I hope you mean more pro ready because one has played pro hockey for three years and the other was the youngest player in his first pro league on a team that was a tire fire.

But I know that's not what you mean as the development curve continues to elude you.

That's why Mittelstadt can dominate his age group at WJC tryouts and he's the second coming...but Nylander dominates his age group at the actual WJC and his stock falls for you.

If you think Nylander 'dominated' his age group at the WJC I recommend you go watch the games. He had 12 points, he was opportunistic. He didn't dominate.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Over a PPG in exhibition season. No reason he can't get near that this season. He's almost NHL ready, I don't expect him to do much time in Rochester.

My prediction is looking good, over pre-season and now one game into the regular season he's over a PPG.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016

Everything Kris posts about Asplund makes me so excited about him. He sounds like the kind of player the does everything well - like a ROR type. Good skater, size, smarts, solid offensive ability, and responsible defensively. I can't wait to have him in Rochester / Buffalo next year.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
My prediction is looking good, over pre-season and now one game into the regular season he's over a PPG.

I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect Asplund to end with a P/PG. The SHL is a low scoring league, generally only one or two players in the entire league score a point per game.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect Asplund to end with a P/PG. The SHL is a low scoring league, generally only one or two players in the entire league score a point per game.

it's a 52 game season, if he puts up 40 points I won't be disappointed. I just won't be surprised if he's around a PPG. I think he can do it, love him as a player. People who see ROR in him are right, he's similar.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Asplund is going to be Buffalo's version of Arvidsson. And he's got versatility. He's a natural center, but has the speed and grit to go in the corners and get the puck. So he could be a winger.

I think he's going to do well with anyone he plays with. But imagine him at RW next to Eichel. Speed, grit, scoring, playmaking, good defensively. He'd be great there.

Also imagine him on Reinhart's wing. All the same qualities, with the speed to go with Reinhart's passing.

Kid's going to be a top 9 staple.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Asplund is going to be Buffalo's version of Arvidsson. And he's got versatility. He's a natural center, but has the speed and grit to go in the corners and get the puck. So he could be a winger.

I think he's going to do well with anyone he plays with. But imagine him at RW next to Eichel. Speed, grit, scoring, playmaking, good defensively. He'd be great there.

Also imagine him on Reinhart's wing. All the same qualities, with the speed to go with Reinhart's passing.

Kid's going to be a top 9 staple.

You forgot to imagine him on ROR's wing ;)

MrKriben

Dec 16, 2014
Stockholm
He's off to a great start for sure. Been carrying the team the first two games when the first line havent really shown up. Yesterday he actually scored twice, however the second one was a shot that deflected off his skate into his own goal..

Also yesterday he wore an A, +16 minutes and was +2 for the game. Worse FO% than last game but he took more defensive faceoffs this game.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
DKT_FpeVoAEalLx.jpg

:highclap:

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
He plays today. I want to watch his games but to get the SHL streaming package it's part of some premium channel and it's 55 USD a month.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
He is not on the scoreboard with 2 minutes left in the first, but Victor Olofsson has goal and assist for Frölunda.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
He's been good (nearly scored a moment ago) in my opinion, but not on the scoresheet.

I can't really tell, switched in some moments before the Olofsson goal and haven't watched closely doing some other stuff. Already thought he might not be playing, until i realized him in the second half of the second.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Nilsson's goal going if off of Nyberg's ankle was a tough break for Frolunda. I also wanted to see Asplund out there with PP2. :biglaugh:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That crosscheck that set that off should have been called. Asplund gets the extra two for the melee at the bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad