Proposal: Rasmus Andersson to Leafs

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Ugh, some Leafs fans are obnoxious. You start a thread. Get a bunch of details wrong (Andersson is signed for 3 more years) and then act like we want your B+ wing prospect for our top pairing defenseman.
No. This rest of this year and 2 more is not "3 more years" but you're going to want to re-sign him during his last year (in which he'll want the moon to re-sign and difficult to trade) and not wait till his contract expires.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
No. This rest of this year and 2 more is not "3 more years" but you're going to want to re-sign him during his last year (in which he'll want the moon to re-sign) and not wait till his contract expires.
It's almost as if you think we can't read your previous post where you said "He's got this year and next and then is a UFA." You were wrong. When you're wrong the thing to do is learn from it and ideally say oops or apologize, not gaslight the person who told you that you're wrong.

Reactions: Hobnobs

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
And the leafs will likely get burnt on that deal

Leafa paid up for Tavares as a UFA and it killed our cup contention window

Paying excess value for UFAs almost never works.
Yeah those Golden Knights and Avalanche sure did poorly with their free agents. There's good deals and bad ones. Tavares signing was silly because the Leafs had Matthews and Kadri already in the fold. You currently have one top pairing defenseman and one 2nd pairing defenseman. It's not the same thing.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Yeah those Golden Knights and Avalanche sure did poorly with their free agents. There's good deals and bad ones. Tavares signing was silly because the Leafs had Matthews and Kadri already in the fold. You currently have one top pairing defenseman and one 2nd pairing defenseman. It's not the same thing.
Vegas was built mainly through expansion draft (marsh, karlsson, theodore) or trades (stephenson, Hill, Eichel) their only big signing I recall is Pietrangelo who is a tier above most UFAs available

Avs also built through the drafr + trades (mack, mak, Rant, Land) + (toews, kadri, bura, lehk, nuke)

We will see if the Avs can win again now that they have/will be extending their guys to big deals and have lost depth. Avs though have 2 top 6 players as part of their core + rantanen who is top 20

Most UFAs are not that impactful unfortunately.

Avs if they gave Toews 9M but didnt have Makar would be in a world of trouble.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
It's almost as if you think we can't read your previous post where you said "He's got this year and next and then is a UFA." You were wrong. When you're wrong the thing to do is learn from it and ideally say oops or apologize, not gaslight the person who told you that you're wrong.
Sorry for the confusing wording in my post. I should have worded it by adding the bolded part as below:
He's got the rest of this year and next but then he'll want the moon when we are eligible to resign him in his last year and bugger off. In the meantime he's got a M-NTC which reduces his value as a future trade chip...
I'll gladly take the slap on the wrist and fix myself a double vodka with mango juice, orange juice, strawberry syrup and ice as punishment.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
The notion that Calgary would have to retain to get better than a 1st and a B+ prospect is silly.

Sometimes a team just doesn't have the asset pool to make a particular trade. This is one, imo.
For sure. Save this for when the Leafs offer that.

freester

Mar 22, 2014
Atlanta, Ga
Leafs fans are delusional. As a Sabres fan I offered a much better package of top prospects and players. RA is a very good RD on a very good contract. Calgary is rebuilding and needs players with team control.

Reactions: SabresBills2012

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
This is the problem. We should be in a rebuild. We don't have a core. This isn't Vancouver sitting there with elite pieces and crap surrounding them. We have good surrounding and a crap core. Needs some pain to truly fix. That or EXCELLENT drafting. No more Honzek dud picks.

I'm just curious. What do flames fans think is needed to either retool or rebuild. Whats missing? Because up until Tanev left I thought you guys had a very good defensive core. My guess is Flames need top-6 centers and forwards? (and now a defenseman to replace Tanev)

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I'm just curious. What do flames fans think is needed to either retool or rebuild. Whats missing? Because up until Tanev left I thought you guys had a very good defensive core. My guess is Flames need top-6 centers and forwards? (and now a defenseman to replace Tanev)
Centers is the biggest thing. We had a deep defensive group, but no elite defenseman. We have a deep wing group, but no elite wingers. The only elite prospect we have is Wolf.

Reactions: Hobnobs

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
That's cool. If perchance he becomes available we'll top that easily. Start with Kent Johnson and see what can be negotiated from there.
After all, he can't headhunt Laine again if they're on the same team...
Dudes hovering over the bust button

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
:facepalm: :shakehead

TIL a sophomore slump - any sophomore slump - means you're a bust.
I think he needs a permanent move to the wing. He doesn't have the makeup to play C. He's skilled though and could be a solid top 6 wing.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I think he needs a permanent move to the wing. He doesn't have the makeup to play C. He's skilled though and could be a solid top 6 wing.
Most of us were pretty sure he was going to be a playmaking winger not long after he was drafted. I was referring to him early on as the heir apparent to Voracek, before Voracek got his career ended. :(

drede

Jul 13, 2023
Ugh, some Leafs fans are obnoxious. You start a thread. Get a bunch of details wrong (Andersson is signed for 3 more years) and then act like we want your B+ wing prospect for our top pairing defenseman.

Sabres fans offer:

Savoie
1st
Krebs
Jokiharju

Leafs fan:

You can't have our prospect who might be a middle six wing one day. You guys deserve the Lyubushkins of the world as your big acquisition.
Cowen projects top 6 center not middle 6 wing

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Most of us were pretty sure he was going to be a playmaking winger not long after he was drafted. I was referring to him early on as the heir apparent to Voracek, before Voracek got his career ended. :(
Yeah, that makes more sense. I think Sillinger is a C, Fantilli is a C, maybe Voronkov. Johnson just isn't.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Oh, there's no "maybe" with Voronkov. :D The Siberian Line has been amazing.
His work away from the puck is the thing I look at to project whether a player will be a C. He's riding a pretty high PDO and is deployed heavily Ozone. Haven't seen enough to make that call yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad