Confirmed with Link: Raphael Diaz signs 1-yr $700K contract with Flames

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
The more I think about this signing, the more I like it. Diaz is still pretty young and has shown impressive offensive flashes. He could easily move up into our bottom pairing if Engelland isn't picking up the slack.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So does Diaz have to change his number? The mandate is 35 and under, so #36 just won't fly :sarcasm:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
No, I think you're allowed to wear higher numbers as long as you understand that Burke will look down on you like the selfish premadonna that you are.
he should legally change his name to player and wear #61

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
so we now have 2 potential players to move at the deadline at minimum, nice
2? Glencross, Setoguchi, Backlund, Diaz and Ramo will all be in the final years of their deals. All or none could be traded.

Demetric

Jun 19, 2013
Under a Rock
2? Glencross, Setoguchi, Backlund, Diaz and Ramo will all be in the final years of their deals. All or none could be traded.

I left out Glencross because of his NTC/NMC and Backlund cause they should NOT trade him and I forgot aboutRamo, but also dont think he will be moved, but that all depends on how Ortio does in the A this year.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I left out Glencross because of his NTC/NMC and Backlund cause they should NOT trade him and I forgot aboutRamo, but also dont think he will be moved, but that all depends on how Ortio does in the A this year.
I disagree on Backlund. If Monahan has a great year and Colborne shows even more improvement I wouldn't hesitate to move Backlund, especially if he is having another good year. We could potentially get a killing for him and open up a space for one of Bennett, Reinhart, Knight, Arnold or Granlund.

Demetric

Jun 19, 2013
Under a Rock
I disagree on Backlund. If Monahan has a great year and Colborne shows even more improvement I wouldn't hesitate to move Backlund, especially if he is having another good year. We could potentially get a killing for him and open up a space for one of Bennett, Reinhart, Knight, Arnold or Granlund.

I think his spot is the 3rd line C, so unless Colborne can put of the same CORSI numbers, I would move him before backlund or just move Colborne to the right side, that worked well. We have no one else in our forward ranks that drives possession.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think his spot is the 3rd line C, so unless Colborne can put of the same CORSI numbers, I would move him before backlund or just move Colborne to the right side, that worked well. We have no one else in our forward ranks that drives possession.
I'm not even going to bother debating the merit of CORSI numbers.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Decent depth signing.
At the very least, it allows all of our D prospects to develop and play important minutes in the A, so it's a win-win.
And at THAT cap hit, any team would be able to take it on in a trade if Diaz has a decent to good year, not expecting too much from him though, but it IS nice to have another RHD besides Wides.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA

I disagree simply because I think Colborne belongs on the right wing.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
:laugh:

Calgary Flames ‏@NHLFlames 3m3 minutes ago
FYI: @johngaudreau03 will wear #13 and @diaz_raphael_61 will wear #33.

So much for sarcasm!
it was one of those I'm going to mock the realistic possibility posts. I didn't expect it to day though :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad