Ranking the NHL's GMs

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Lol, Bowman has the best resume of any GM today with the exception of Lou who's heyday was over a decade ago, and he's 20th in the op.....

This is hilarious

1. Rutherford
2. Bowman
3-30 throw a dart and it's basically a good choice
31. Chia

This forum never stops in giving the lol-sause

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He won a Calder Cup and Signed JT. Not bad before he's GMed his first game...

Calder Cup means literally 0 when ranking "best NHL GM's", and all he had to do to sign Tavares was offer him a contract. Tavares went to Toronto because he liked their future and wanted to play for his childhood team. You or I could have signed Tavares in Toronto if we were the GM.

HC7

May 2, 2018
Calder Cup means literally 0 when ranking "best NHL GM's", and all he had to do to sign Tavares was offer him a contract. Tavares went to Toronto because he liked their future and wanted to play for his childhood team. You or I could have signed Tavares in Toronto if we were the GM.

Dubas a huge reason JT liked their future. Troll.

Reactions: Kelly and BM14

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Considering he hasn't done anything yet, tied for last with Fenton.

1. He signed one of the best ufas in NHL history at a discount.

2. He got rid of dead weight in Martin.

3. Had his first full draft in 2018.

Sample size is small but looks good so far. Anyone who has more had trades than good, or more bad signings that good is ranked below Dubas right now.

Reactions: BM14

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
He literally mentioned it was a dream of his to play for the Leafs. Dubas had nothing to do with it, Shanahan did.

Dubas and Tavares ate beinning their life and starting their families as Leafs. Tavares mentioned that.

Also Dubas put the offer together.

He gets credit for this move because he is the GM at the time of the signing, he is accountable for the team right now, no one else.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Just keep in mind that I made this, like, half a year ago. Things change for sure over time. Dubas wasn't a GM then, for instance.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Dubas and Tavares ate beinning their life and starting their families as Leafs. Tavares mentioned that.

He gets credit for this move because he is the GM at the time of the signing, he is accountable for the team right now, no one else.

Tavares doesn't sign with the Leafs if they're not a playoff team. Dubas had nothing to do with that. He gets "credit" for it, it doesn't make him a top GM.

When I peruse the Leafs board I see a whole lot of "Shanaplan" and Dubas following it, I don't see too much about Dubas striking out on his own to carve his own path.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Source

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
Tavares doesn't sign with the Leafs if they're not a playoff team. Dubas had nothing to do with that. He gets "credit" for it, it doesn't make him a top GM.

When I peruse the Leafs board I see a whole lot of "Shanaplan" and Dubas following it, I don't see too much about Dubas striking out on his own to carve his own path.

Shocking they have a similar vision.

I'm mean shanahan should have hired someone who is the complete opposite right? Lol.

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010

I'm mean shanahan should have hired someone who is the complete opposite right? Lol.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

It's not shocking, he was hired because he believed in and would follow his beliefs.

At the end of the day the GM is following what Shanahan's plan is, and as he hasn't had any length of time to be properly rated due to drafts, or major trades, he's not ranked high.

The fact this irks Leafs fans is f***ing hilarious, jesus.

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
It's not shocking, he was hired because he believed in and would follow his beliefs.

At the end of the day the GM is following what Shanahan's plan is, and as he hasn't had any length of time to be properly rated due to drafts, or major trades, he's not ranked high.

The fact this irks Leafs fans is ****ing hilarious, jesus.

That stuff doesn't really matter; it's pretty obvious.

I find it hilarious ppl don't want to give a gm credit for signing a player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad