rank this young guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeaky

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
komisakick ass said:
your lists guys are all so different

It's understandable(I don't know if this is a word :dunno: ) because it's a tough list

do you think this young guns are all able to put 60 points in the NHL???

Guys who I think have the pontential (and I do mean potential here, not the ability) to reach 60 pts regularly in normal surcomstances (ie not on a line with Lemieux, but also not on a line with oh, let's say Jason Ward.) :

Hemsky, Perezhogin, Fehr (has a long way to go though, obviously), Fritsche.

Vermette I kinda doubt it, though he might get to play with Hossa or Havlat on his wing ever day, so that could help. Lombardi I doubt it. Maybe a couple times over his career, but not regularly. Balej, see Lombardi.

p.s. Understandable is totally a word.

Jejune

Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Levitate said:
i'd like to hear some oilers fans thoughts on hemsky...i always thought he was looked upon as kind of infuriating and not playing up to his potential, and playing too soft, etc.

am i wrong on that? :dunno:

Oh he's absolutely frustrating. He's got all these moves, he can make several defenseman look silly, end up in a fabulous shooting position, and then pass it off. Or he'll keep circling. Basically it seems he doesnt like to score unless he's made the entire other team including the goalie fall down.

His defense needs some serious work. Mactavish had to shelter him pretty well the entire second half of the season. He also likes to make one on one moves which dont work all the time in the neutral zone, leading to pretty horrific turnovers.

But, he is 20 years old. By all accounts he's having a fantastic playoffs in the czech league, outscoring hejduk and sykora. Im really not too worried about him, he'll come around well.

Omniscient Gadfly

Apr 6, 2003
Visit site
i've enjoyed reading different perspectives on these prospects. i'd rank them according to two criteria:

* top points potential
hemsky
balej
perezhogin
lombardi
fehr
vermette
fritsche

* safe bet to have productive career on a scoring line
perezhogin
lombardi
hemsky
fehr
vermette
balej
fritsche

a few points...

* i think perezhogin will prove himself the best pro of the bunch. he's put up numbers wherever he's played, and he can play at both ends of the ice. he's only starting to scratch his offensive potential - top 20 in rsl scoring in '05 and a solid 2nd half in hamilton last year.

*hemsky has sick skill. but i just don't think mactavish has the wherewithal to develop him properly.

*lombardi is ranked quite low by a lot of posters. suprising. he's young, can flat out fly, and sutter had enough confidence to use him in a scoring role on numerous occassions last year.

Jargin

Jan 14, 2005
Vermette
Hemsky
Perezhogin
Fehr
Lombardi
Fristche
Balej

I'll admit that putting Vermette may seem homerish, but I just love what I see from him, and he's already proven himself to be great defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad