Rank these 3.

islesforlife

Dec 13, 2013
East Coast USA
Benn Seguin Kessel

You know, it would probably help if I wasn't completely oblivious when I posted. But after looking at their stats from last season, I only will flip Benn and Seguin, leaving Kessel in third, and I will elaborate why.

Seguin: He will put up the most points, will he almost the same +/-, and more PPP. The only place he falls short on is PIMs, as he does not get sent often. Overall though, I'd say with your categories, he should be first.

Benn: Yes, Benn will more than likely post the least amount of points overall, but not by much. All three players are roughly in the same place in goals and in assists. (B-34, S-37, K-37; B-45, S-47, K-43), but that works out to 1 point less than Kessel and 5 points less than Seguin. However, Benn sweeps Kessel away in +/-, PIMS, and is almost identical in PPPs.

Kessel: Kessel will post nearly identical points (stated above), and the only category than Kessel is distinctly better than either of the other two is SOG, with 25 more than Benn and 10 more than Seguin.

To attend to this season, keep in mind that Benn and Seguin play on the first line together, along with young top end talent, Valeri Nichushkin. It seems like this kid has other players feed off him as much as he feeds off other players. He didn't have the greatest stats last season that he was an 18 year old that wasn't considered a MacKinnon or a Barkov. Along with what could be a new drive to push to the SCP, and possibly even a deep run, expect big things from those 2. Kessel on the other hand is playing in Toronto, with (99%) candidates JVR and Tyler Bozak. While JVR is a great player, and seemingly underrated here on HF, Bozak on the other hand is not as much. Unless there is a huge spin in the 27 year-old's game, he had a rare season last year. His projected points aren't going to be much higher than they currently are, causing a big blow to what Kessel could be getting in terms of extra assists. Bozak had never hit the 20 goal mark, and while anything could happen, I think that Kessel won't get much better stat help from his linemates.

ChrisWinsor

Oct 21, 2010
Kessel is good, but I dont think he's 82 pts 5 years in a row good. Something has to give in Toronto (perhaps other players stepping up their play)

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Kessel, Seguin, Benn

Think Benn is slightly overrated here. Kessel has proven can put up 80 points up consistently.

I have no allegiance to any of the players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad