Rank Drury on Deadline Day (Vatrano trade include)

Rank Drury

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The slight overpayment for Copp and the decision to not move Georgiev bring it from a sure A to a B+ for me.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Big A from me. I never was big with Barron and dont see him as anymore than an okay 4th liner if that. Two seconds are a fair price and if we make the Conf finals this year nobody is going to complain about it turning to a 1st.

The 3 other trades were fantastic value.

Quinnisinoverhishead

Oct 4, 2014
Goes out and grabs a right defencemen.... Absolutely useless.
Goes out and grabs a bunch of left handed forwards (We have enough).
Grabbed Vatrano to help Florida make cap room... And then acquired a bunch of pieces that put Vatrano in the press box in the playoffs.

Team needs:
Top 6 centre - Nope
Left handed defencemen to get rid of Nemeth - Nope
Back-up goaltender for Igor - Nope
Get rid of Nemeths contract - Nope

Drury is a clown.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I'd give him an A. Copp deal was a lot, but I would say Vatrano and Motte were both slightly under market value.

He addressed the exact weakness the NYR need to address very well - depth.

Under the radar things I like are showing the NYR top guys that they are still the top guys and the org believes in them. Also like that Lafreniere and/or Kakko are going to get the chance to play on one of the top 2 lines in the postseason.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Goes out and grabs a right defencemen.... Absolutely useless.
Goes out and grabs a bunch of left handed forwards (We have enough).
Grabbed Vatrano to help Florida make cap room... And then acquired a bunch of pieces that put Vatrano in the press box in the playoffs.

Team needs:
Top 6 centre - Nope
Left handed defencemen to get rid of Nemeth - Nope
Back-up goaltender for Igor - Nope
Get rid of Nemeths contract - Nope

Drury is a clown.
I don't think Nemeth is doing as bad as apparently you think he is.

As far as a top 6 center - what were you willing to give up for that? And who was on the market that you'd want?

I give Drury a B+. I'm not sure what we're going to get out of Copp, but I also wasn't really seeing much in Barron. I don't mind the contingent 1st round pick if we make it to ECF - that's actually okay.

I like that we didn't give up any of our best prospects since we still may need to fill in the 2C spot this summer with a more blockbuster-like trade. I already knew that type of thing wasn't going to get done this TDL.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
It's an A- for me, don't see how anyone could have it below a B.

Copp, Motte, Vatrano and Braun are all guys who address needs on this team. Most importantly to me with Copp, Motte and Vatrano is that they're all fast skaters who play with pace. Copp is very strong in transition and loves to turn and push the pace, Motte is a very effective forechecker - will be good for the 4th line.

Drury did exactly what me and others were saying he should do. He made acquisitions that specifically addressed deficiencies on the current team making it better in the process and he did so without surrendering any of our top prospects and high picks. Now, if that 2nd turns into a 1st that stinks but we've made 9 1st round picks in the last 4 drafts so if we actually make it to the ECF then I won't cry about losing that pick. Wouldn't surprise me for Drury to recoup a last 1st/high-mid 2nd as part of another deal before the draft anyway.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
B+ so far. The Motte and Vatrano deals really terrific for the value. Adding Copp should make this team tough to play against.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
B+. Would have liked to find a way to weaponize the cap space to pick up additional picks but other than that I think it was a well-executed deadline day. We are set up to win if our stars perform without losing flexibility to operate in the future.

NYRangers3061

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Jan 9, 2015
Rangerstown
I gave him a B.

The Rangers (arguably) had two main areas that they needed to address before the TD: forward depth and 5v5 scoring help from a top-6 winger.

The positives: Vatrano, Copp, and Motte undoubtedly help with forward depth, and Braun should help with defensive depth. If these moves push the likes of McKegg, Gauthier, Nemeth, etc. out of the lineup of a nightly basis, that's a massive upgrade.

The negatives: He didn't really do much to address the 5v5 scoring woes. Vatrano and Copp can put up points, but I don't think they do anything significant to solve that issue. Rakell would've been a nice add, and it sucks seeing him go to the Pens, but the price was tough. I do think he gave up a lot for Copp, but sometimes you have to pay what the market dictates. Literally every one of the eight teams in the East currently in a playoff position added players at the deadline, so we're in for a tough battle these next few weeks and (hopefully) months.

I think we could've made some better use of our cap space and wish we were able to get a Kessel deal done for a 3rd or get another impact player, but overall, Drury did a pretty decent job. Didn't really overpay by much and did address some depth issues that'll hopefully help us down the stretch and into the playoffs.

Reactions: JMan74

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I would say a B-/C+

I'm not really sure we should be in the rental game at this point, but he really didn't give up that much. If they make the ECF, I'm not going to be upset they gave up pick 29 at worst. With his concussion history, it was good to get injury protection as well on him needing to play 50% of playoff games in the first two rounds.

Not one top prospect was moved, and most likely he will have all his first round picks this summer to use for a potential bigger trade.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
A-
Didnt go all in which at rhis point is good but bolstered the bottom 2 lines with legit nhlers. Copp was one of my targets and he landed him. Motte for a 4th is a steal. Just wish he'd found a taker for Geo.

Reactions: Kupo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad