Rank ALL top prospects including this years draft..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
AnThGrt said:
Well this just shows how little you know about you comments based on Tukonen and your voice should be ignored. If you look first at the under 20 he stunk you said he was second for star points on his team. Might not of put up the points yet he hit the post 7 times in that tournament one inch further and that would of been 7 goals. As for an average season he doubled his production from last year if that isn't an improvement please tell me what is // Obviously there are different opinions i was just stated what "More advised" people wrote

That is one of the poorest arguments I've ever heard. If you are looking to justify Tukonen's terrible WJHC by using the amont of posts he hit you are being ridiculous.

Face it, he had a bad tournament. I saw him live twice (don't recall any 'hit posts') and he was poor in both games. I was there after Finland's final game when awards were given out by Tissot, to the three most valuable players on each team - and he was not one of the winners. He played soft, didn't generate much offense and struggled in traffic. Very, very unimpressive.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
time said:
Johnson
Suter
Phaneuf
Corburn
Barker
Kronwall
Seabrook
Meszaros
Tyutin
Staal
Grebeshkov
Whitney
Stuart
Smid
Parent

So, a guy who dominates the blueline for two straight WJCs is ranked lower than a draft prospect and a peer whom he consistently outshone?

Until proven otherwise, Dion is the best defenceman outside the NHL. The D-list starts with him.

There were several guys in the Dub alone that had very comparable seasons to Phanuef last year. Dion may have the most potential, but to say he is the best outside the NHL is a stretch. Suter has proven a lot more.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Forwards:
Crosby
Ovechkin
Malkin
Carter
Vanek
Brule
Richards
Kopitar
Michalek
Parise
Getzlaf
Pouloit
Ryan
Olesz
Koivu

Defensemen:
Phaneuf
Johnson
Suter
Corburn
Staal
Barker
Kronwall
Tyutin
Grebeshkov
Meszaros
Stuart
Seabrook
Whitney
Parent
Smid

Goaltenders
Lehtonen
Toivonen
Fleury
Ward
Price
Lundqvist
Nittymaki
Miller
Rask
Leneveau

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
theBob said:
There were several guys in the Dub alone that had very comparable seasons to Phanuef last year. Dion may have the most potential, but to say he is the best outside the NHL is a stretch. Suter has proven a lot more.

Phaneuf is the best Defensive prospect outside the NHL by a fair bit....Suter has played in the same tournament as Phaneuf twice and it was quite clear both years that Phaneuf was much better....as for people ranking jack johnson above phaneuf at this point that is to the point of laughable. Jack johnson couldnt even crack his junior team in the draft year where as Phaneuf was a tourney all star in his draft year~

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
Phaneuf is the best Defensive prospect outside the NHL by a fair bit....Suter has played in the same tournament as Phaneuf twice and it was quite clear both years that Phaneuf was much better....as for people ranking jack johnson above phaneuf at this point that is to the point of laughable. Jack johnson couldnt even crack his junior team in the draft year where as Phaneuf was a tourney all star in his draft year~

Phaneuf played very well the two years he played in the tournament. To say he was much better is overstating it a bit. Suter played in the tournament three years, and in this past tourney he led all defenseman in scoring and was a tournament all-star. As for your comment on Johnson, his exclusion was a farce and everyone knows it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad